My first purchase.

agewonagewon Senior MemberPosts: 655 Senior Member
Well, here she finally is. I've had her fora bit, but never got around to snapping a picture of it. CZ-452 varmint in 22lr. It came with a tasco scope already mounted but that won't be there too much longer. So far, I've shot a good 100+ rounds at the range and now I'm definitely hooked.

On the way; Marlin 336 30-30, and Remington 870 express. Just waiting on NICS.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367278334.013557.jpg
u7y5ydeg.jpg

Replies

• agewonagewon Senior Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    Btw, id like to thank everyone who advised me to get a bolt as opposed to a semi. This gun will definitely be a learner for my kids and will be in the family for a loooong time.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Nice!! I believe Jermanator recommended I look at that very model.
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    Nice gun and some good one's coming. Looks like you're off to a great start.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    Most excellent!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,624 Senior Member
    Great choice!

I saw a guy at the range do some really impressive .22 shots woith one just like that.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Nice rifle. Looks like a lot of fun with an accurate bolt .22 is in your future. :guns::guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    Very nice choice, you did we'll and you will enjoy that rifle.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,690 Senior Member
    Very nice choice!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Looks great!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Moved to Firearms Forum.

Wait 'til you see what that puppy can do with some decent glass on it :tooth:

Yeah, I'm really at a standstill on the scope. I want something variable, up to 9x, but can't decide. This will be my first scope purchase, don't know much about them, and don't want to short the capability of the rifle as I've heard they're awesome. Any suggestions? The main chore will be punching paper and plinking.
    I'm new to all of this so here goes;
    Budget is 400+/-
    Looking at the Leupold VX-2 3-9x33 ultralight with the LR duplex
    And Nikon prostaff target EFR 3-9x40.

My questions, based on target and plinking, do I need to look for an adjustable parallax (still confused on that one) and should I be looking for exposed turrets? Also, I kinda like the reputation Leupold has, plus the smaller objective.

Edit: everything I'm reading is saying a 22 shouldn't get anything over 7-9x. But I'm assuming that's for run of the mill hunting? Should I be looking for more? I really have no idea what the expected range of this CZ is, but have heard GREAT things about them.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    Looks OK
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.