Desantis Pocket-tuk for M&P Shield

Shooter13Shooter13 MemberPosts: 125 Member
I was having a hard time finding a good iwb holster for the Shield that takes advantage of it being so slim. I tried a few nylon ones that actually made the Shield feel big..
I took a chance and ordered this online from jdholsters.com for $20.
It is a Desantis Pocket-tuk, build and quality are top notch, it fits the gun great, and I can wear it fine in shorts and a tee shirt. The clip is adjustable and removable if you want to pocket carry. I wear my clothes kinda fitted so unless you have big pockets it wouldn't work. Also if I find a better holster down the road this also fits my xd9, and pt140.
Overall great holster for only $20!! This holster also works with the glock26 and ruger lc9 with laser.

Replies

• Shooter13Shooter13 Member Posts: 125 Member
    Shield with laser
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 735 Senior Member
    I looked at the Desantis for my XDs but decided to make this one, inspired by the PHLster ACCESS. I ordered the pre-molded Kydex and the clip from Old Faithful and had all the rest. It only adds the thickness of one piece of Kydex (.09) and one piece of leather (.1). It rides well and is very comfortable. The key to this style of holster is to get the leather broken in and soft.

Hawk
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I found a Kydex one on teh Intarwebz that works really well; can't tell you who made it, tho...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • RiflemannRiflemann Member Posts: 269 Member
    I have a Desantis ankle holster, and a Desantis belt hip holster, they both are very comfortable and work well depending on what I am wearing. I use a Blackhawk pocket #4 that works great with my carpenter jeans with my Shield 40
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,939 Senior Member
    That Desantis Pocket-tuk looks useful.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.