California to ban all lead hunting ammo?

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,584 Senior Member
If lead is so bad for the environment, wildlife, and human consumption; why isn't the CA legislature going after fishing with lead weights?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/28/california-lawmakers-weigh-first-statewide-ban-on-lead-ammo/
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,816 Senior Member
    Just wait until one of those California Condors gets decapitated by one of the windmill power generators. They'll pass legislation requiring big wire screen guards on them like fans for houses to keep fingers out of the blades. :fan:

Speaking of those wind generators, I was out there about 20 years ago at one of those wind farms on an 'informal' tour. Met a guy there one morning driving a pickup truck into the station. The truck smelled really bad. During our conversation I asked why the truck smelled. He laughed and said, "dead birds". Part of his job was to pick up all the dead birds killed by the blades and take them to the landfill. I hung around for a while, and when he left for the landfill, the truck bed was pretty full, mostly of sea gulls. He said the gulls headed for the landfill at first light, and a lot of them flew through the wind farm on the way. He said he was just helping these get there. :roll2:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    At least it isn't non hunting handgun ammo, too.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,440 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    If lead is so bad for the environment, wildlife, and human consumption; why isn't the CA legislature going after fishing with lead weights?

Don't say that too loud. There are already a couple reservoirs in Colorado that have banned lead weights. We may as well be California nowadays.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • ArtemisArtemis Member Posts: 124 Member
    Is it my imagination or does California seek to be the first State to eradicate the fun element to firearm use? It just seems that they want to ban this and ban that, just because they can.
    Who I am and What I do - artemissawfly.wordpress.com
    Where to find me - https://www.facebook.com/artemisengineering.uk
    What I'm doing right now on Indiegogo.com - Artemis Sawfly Sporting Rifle
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,584 Senior Member
    Artemis wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or does California seek to be the first State to eradicate firearm use? It just seems that they want to ban this and ban that, just because they can.

Fixed it for you.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Close. The California legislature's motto is "We Eradicate!" But they never set their sights on things I want to see go away.
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    That's only because you're not thinking like them.:yikes:
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Yes I am a rattle snake living in the Arctic Circle.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    Don't say that too loud. There are already a couple reservoirs in Colorado that have banned lead weights. We may as well be California nowadays.

Mike

Cali, Colorado, and New Yawk are train wrecks you grab a bag of popcorn for, sit back, and enjoy the carnage. Self destruction in imminent.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    ANYBODY who hasn't given up on New York, Illinois, Colorado and California by now isn't paying attention. If you live there, move. Or get a new hobby. Don't waste a good nights' sleep dreaming about repeal. It's not going to happen.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    Artemis wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or does California seek to be the first State to eradicate the fun element to firearm use? It just seems that they want to ban this and ban that, just because they can.

Where did you come from Artemis? Or rather where have you been the last 50 years? California doesn't want to ban the fun element in firearms! They want to ban Firearms Period!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...lead ammo, tip of the iceberg; read this & weep...

http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/download/file.php?id=3639&mode=view

file.php?id=3639&mode=view
    wildgene wrote: »
    ...lead ammo, tip of the iceberg; read this & weep...

http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/download/file.php?id=3639&mode=view

file.php?id=3639&mode=view

I read about half of that and almost puked, so i stopped.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    horselips wrote: »
    ANYBODY who hasn't given up on New York, Illinois, Colorado and California by now isn't paying attention. If you live there, move. Or get a new hobby. Don't waste a good nights' sleep dreaming about repeal. It's not going to happen.
    Oh it might happen, once the :fan:
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,570 Senior Member
    The antis have a plan to turn firearms into clubs. Eliminate ammunition. I don't want to go into specifics and give them any ideas but I suspect they have figured out ways to circumvent the second ammendment. our only defense is to have the numbers that could kill a politicians golden goose. This was demonstrated by the recent defeat of bans.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Where did you come from Artemis? Or rather where have you been the last 50 years? California doesn't want to ban the fun element in firearms! They want to ban Firearms Period!
    Mainly the UK and every shithole and warzone from here to the Middle East.
    I read the list below and even I'm upset at what's being proposed. That would hurt my business too, all I want to do is sell .22lr bullpup rifles.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    And although it may theoretically be possible that lead shot is potentially harmful to wildlife, you KNOW full well that this isn't the actual motive for the ban -- instead, it's yet another way to impede gun rights.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    samzhere wrote: »
    And although it may theoretically be possible that lead shot is potentially harmful to wildlife, you KNOW full well that this isn't the actual motive for the ban -- instead, it's yet another way to impede gun rights.
    You have a great way with words and it put a smile on my face at the irony of that sentence........because my first thought upon reading it was " yeah, it is theoretically possible; if you are a goose/turkey or duck and aren't paying attention".