Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

And AP phone records make three scandals...........

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
To hit the Obammy administration almost all at once (Benghazi/IRS/AP Phone)

Shedding a tear at his press conference yesterday..............

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/scandal-politics-sweep-capitol-hill-91297.html



'VERY TROUBLED': Lawmakers Rip Justice Dept. Over AP Records Grab

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/14/lawmakers-rip-justice-department-over-ap-phone-record-grab/

[IMG][/img]tears_zps35de2b52.jpg
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    He cares.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    He cares.
    :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: He cares about his "legacy" going up in smoke- - - -the most "transparent" administration in history is getting exposed as the biggest bunch of self-serving crooks. Chicago gangsters doing what they always do- - - - -but these guys are as inept as the Keystone Kops- - - -they keep getting caught at their shenanigans!
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    The Obama administration is beginning to make the Nixon administration look like Mother Teresa by comparison.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Obama is stuck with two excuses, neither of them much good: 1- He never knew, or 2- He agrees with what was done. Either way he's in a jam.

    The lesser of the evils is, of course, that he didn't know. But for 3 scandals now (who knows what's yet to come), saying that he never knew is tantamount to admitting that he's got sloppy and dishonest people working for him and that his regime is shabby, with his being clueless to what's going on day to day.

    What makes this AP story significant is that Obama's finally tread upon the toes of his own supporters and they'll eventually turn on him. The press worships Obama but they are so narcissistic that they worship themselves more, and that will be the tilt.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Obama is stuck with two excuses, neither of them much good: 1- He never knew, or 2- He agrees with what was done. Either way he's in a jam.

    The lesser of the evils is, of course, that he didn't know. But for 3 scandals now (who knows what's yet to come), saying that he never knew is tantamount to admitting that he's got sloppy and dishonest people working for him and that his regime is shabby, with his being clueless to what's going on day to day.

    What makes this AP story significant is that Obama's finally tread upon the toes of his own supporters and they'll eventually turn on him. The press worships Obama but they are so narcissistic that they worship themselves more, and that will be the tilt.

    That's exactly the take Mrs Chief had on it yesterday. The press will give him a pass on most everything, except their privacy and source protection.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    The Obama administration, taken as a whole:

    Albertthealligator_zps02116c53.jpg
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: He cares about his "legacy" going up in smoke- - - -the most "transparent" administration in history is getting exposed as the biggest bunch of self-serving crooks. Chicago gangsters doing what they always do- - - - -but these guys are as inept as the Keystone Kops- - - -they keep getting caught at their shenanigans!
    Jerry

    There are many gullible Americans these days, but there's also many savy ones too. These people underestimate us. They are in for a surprise.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The Obama administration is beginning to make the Nixon administration look like Mother Teresa by comparison.

    Remember, no one died in Watergate.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I'm having a little trouble feeling much sympathy for the poor abused media- - - - -they have been enthusiastic co-conspirators in the all-out attack on the 2nd. Amendment every time a tragedy happens. Now that their precious 1st. Amendment ox is the one getting gored, they're squealing like a bunch of stuck pigs. Ain't payback a beeyotch?
    Jerry
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,934 Senior Member
    Let's not forget Fast and Furious. In my mind, there are still plenty of unanswered questions about it.

    During Reagan's administration, there was the Iran Contra scandal. Oliver North stepped up and took the hit, and that was the end of it. However, that was the only scandal I recall for Reagan.

    None that I can recall for Bush the elder. He just took his eye off of the economy and it cost him a second term.

    We all know about Clinton, so I won't elaborate.

    I'm sure that Alpha will update me on any scandals under Bush the younger, but I can't think of any off hand. There's those who think that the Trade Center attack was an inside job, but I don't think that anyone really takes that seriously.

    Now we get to Obama. In less than 5 years, there has been Fast and Furious, BenghaziGate, the IRS scandal and bugging the phones of AP reporters. There may even be another one brewing with HHS secretary Sebelius, as it has been reported that she has been soliciting private funds to provide additional funding for Obamacare. While this seems ok to me, it's probably in violation of the constitution. It probably won't go anywhere, but who knows?

    The point is there have been too many of these incidences to just dismiss them as some over zealous undering(s) getting carried away. There's absolutely no doubt that what happened AFTER the Benghazi debacle was a cover up, and that the president continued to cite the video even after it was known to be a terrorist attack. Ask the folks in the Nixon Watergate scandal what a cover up can do.

    If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. I think we have way too many of these incidences to simply look the other way and believe the bs coming out of the whitehouse.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    The tears are saying "oh crap they caught that". Legacy? The Oblivit legacy will be the inability to destroy the United States although he broke every rule to try. The wheels are coming off his wagon. Even many of the Democraps are turning on his policy and results. :banned: Later,
    Fat Billy

    Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I'm having a little trouble feeling much sympathy for the poor abused media- - - - -they have been enthusiastic co-conspirators in the all-out attack on the 2nd. Amendment every time a tragedy happens. Now that their precious 1st. Amendment ox is the one getting gored, they're squealing like a bunch of stuck pigs. Ain't payback a beeyotch?
    Jerry

    It was all fun and games for certain groups of the news media until it was THEIR ox getting gored. Then it ceased to be funny. Now Ozero doesn't have a lap dog press to help cover up or defect or obfuscate his scandals. Pretty tough when the attack dogs turn on the owner!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    The power to do this was granted in the "Patriot" act and has been used numerous times by both administrations. I also find it funny how the press never made a big deal about it until it started being used against them too.


    Not true. They made a big deal about it when it wasn't their guy in office.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Personally, I think the AP thing isn't number 3, I think it is Bengazi part 2. Funny how when other news agencies finally start to cover this story, this happens....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The Obummer lap dogs in the media sort of remind me of the little old lady from the backwoods who went to church to listen to the new preacher. When he condemned drinking, gambling and carousing late at night, she shouted "Amen" frequently. Then he started in on gossiping and dipping snuff. Granny got really quiet. Her comment was "Now he's quit preachin' and gone to meddlin'!"
    :jester:
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    My best guess at the 3:

    1) Bengazi - WH generally knew it was a terrorist attack fairly early but downplayed it in the media for election reasons (not criminal, typical political behavior, but doesn't look good)

    ...downplayed??? Actually, they just lied, repeatedly, for two weeks. Then they lied about their lying.

    And this isn't typical political behavior by anyone except Democrats or Palestinians...who both follow the same strategy - lie to the morons who support them, and pretend that everyone else doesn't exist.
    2) IRS - Administration legitimately had nothing to do with this, was low level people just trying to do their jobs

    Even if that were true, it doesn't matter. Laws were broken and people who broke the law have to be prosecuted, and their bosses fired. When that starts happening, formerly staunch ideologues will squeal, and a smart prosecutor will use these people to work his way up the ladder until someone falls on his/her sword to save the king. Obama, of course, won't be blamed, because he doesn't do anything but campaign, but at least the country may escape having Obamacare administrated by the same people who orchestrated this ridiculously stupid and ilegal abuse of power.
    3) AP - The administration has shown zero tolerance for leaks or whistle blowers, especially those who divulge classified information. This was ordered from the top to hunt down the source of the leak by whatever means necessary. Considering it's been "legal" for the government to wire tap without a warrant for 2 administrations, gaining phone records in secret is pretty tame.

    Well, the logical way to pursue this is to recognize that this administration never does anything for national security reasons, because they don't give a damn about national security. So, that leaves political motivation, which is the only motivation that ever moves them to action. Knowing this, all that is left is to prove it. It probably won't happen, but it is there, waiting to be discovered, if they do make mistakes in their cover-up.

    Will any of this clear evidence of dishonesty and incompetence on any of these issues cost them votes in the mid-terms? Probably not, because the media will eventually work these scandals off to the side and start trying to rehabilitate their champions. All that they are waiting for is for things to get hot enough to require throwing some underlings to the wolves, so the media doesn't look quite so silly when they start selling the line that the problem has been solved. The media is the glue that holds this 'house of cards' together, and they like that role, so who really expects them to keep pressing these stories that can only hurt that status?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The recent revelations about the media bigwigs who are married to, or at least in flagrante with important members of the Obummer administration points to a definitely incestuous relationship. The big wheels at the networks are literally in bed with the politicians! I'm sure that doesn't count the "alternative lifestyle" bunch who are mostly still in the closet. Why are we surprised at the cover they're providing for the most corrupt government this country has ever known?
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I've been waiting for the outrage over the AP thing to result in a strong push and attack on the patriot act which made what Obama did 100% legal. The fact that they did it isn't a scandal, the fact that we've allowed our government to make this sort of thing legal and SOP is. Of course we won't see anyone on either side making that point because the unfortunate truth is that there is bipartisan support for this kind of power and neither side wants to give it up.

    Obviously, this is the issue to cause this administration the least heartburn, because they can probably sell your argument to their supporters, and maybe even a bunch of other non-liberal folks with short attention spans. That being the case, this is the best of the three known scandals to try to get everyone focused on, like you are doing. Any idiot knows that the AP will eventually forgive this and get back onto the reservation, so this is the one that will probably knock all of the other scandals off of the nightly news.

    If Republicans have the balls for it, though, they can nail their hides to the wall in the House, on the IRS and Benghazi, regardless of whether the media will report it. Personally, I'll settle for putting the skids on the plan to give the IRS even greater power to intimidate honest citizens of the wrong political persuasion.

    Benghazi is a disgrace that every American should be outraged about, and the deaths of those four people need to be paid for. But America needs to be saved from this escalating tyranny, above all.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement