Questions I would ask the IRS Commissioner

bisleybisley Senior MemberPosts: 10,619 Senior Member
Mr. Miller would be instructed to appear with his notes of his investigation. Then...

Mr. Miller, do you remember who appointed you to this job?

Did he/she ever have a conversation about the screening process for who would be audited?

When did you receive briefings on IRS daily business? From who?

Who did you regularly submit briefings to on the normal business of the IRS? How often? What subjects, in general? What superiors did you report to?

When that line of questioning dries up...

Do you consider yourself to be a dedicated public servant - by that, I mean all of the public, every citizen?

As a dedicated public servant, you conducted an investigation into these charges that were first levied two years ago, or more...correct?

In your investigation, I assume that you started down your chain of command and interviewed everyone in the process, correct?

Who is your immediate subordinate? Was he/she responsible for this screening process that went awry? (No)

Who was that person's immediate subordinate? Was he/she responsible? (If No, proceed down the chain of command)

After exploiting that to the fullest, then...

Mr. Miller, did you ever meet with Mr. Axelrod? Did the two of you ever have a conversation about the screening process for who would be audited?

(Same for Mr. Gibbs and any other past and present presidential advisor)

When this line of questioning meets with a dead end, subpoena the lowest person in the pecking order that Mr. Miller remembers, and repeat, etc.,etc.

Assuming that he would continue to stonewall and obfuscate, I would build a list of very simple questions that he couldn't (wouldn't answer) and then question whoever he answers to, as to why someone was appointed with Alzheimer's syndrome?

What would you ask, to help Mr. Miller remember? This is an issue that cannot be allowed to be swept under the rug, as the IRS is the most powerful institution in the federal government, and is becoming even more powerful as the controlling entity behind Obamacare. It has a long record of abusing the civil rights of normal citizens, even in past administrations, and has been mostly answerable only to the president, since forever. It has to be reformed, now, or it may never be.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,347 Senior Member
    Mr. Miller needs to undergo some sort of memory-enhancing procedure. I recommend slivers of bamboo under his fingernails and a Bic lighter! Ditto for Eric Holder!
    :cuss:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    What the IRS did was as wrong as two boys making love....even if they were doing it to Democrats!

Heads should roll over this. You can't tell me some local IRS office clowns decided to implement this targeted invasion of privacy (like what does your group say in their prayers/what books do they read) and harassment campaign on their own accord.

This was sanctioned by much higher pay-grades up the chain than local office managers, if not at the very top.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,619 Senior Member
    My theory is that Mr. Miller could just be a 'cut-out' in the chain of command, and that a lot of other department heads and maybe even cabinet members are, too. He may not know what the so-called 'internal investigation' turned up, because either there never was one, or it was a sham that he wasn't even briefed on.

For anyone who has never read a Cold War spy novel, a cut-out is someone who prevents an investigation from proceeding up the ladder and burning the big guys. He wouldn't know much, because he's just a figurehead. The really nasty stuff would be assigned to someone further down the ladder, another serious student of Saul Alinsky ("Rules for Radicals"), by someone higher up, maybe the Chief of Staff or one of the campaign bosses.

So, operating on that theory, you assume that you are going to have to go down the ladder till you find the first person who can actually be prosecuted for a criminal act, and try to roll them. If they won't crumble, you just prosecute everyone who can be proven to have broken the law, of which I think there will be several.