Democratic Senator uses Okla. tornado for anti-GOP rant over global warming

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,976 Senior Member
****"S like this don't miss a chance to push their political agenda..guns or storms, I reckon. :angry:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/20/democratic-senator-goes-on-anti-gop-rant-over-climate-change-as-tornadoes-hit-oklahoma/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"While many Americans were tuned into news coverage of the massive damage from tornadoes ravaging the state of Oklahoma, Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse took to the Senate floor to rail against his Republican colleagues for denying the theory of anthropogenic global warming.

Whitehouse spent 15 minutes chastising GOP senators and justified his remarks by alluding to states that seek federal assistance in the wake of natural disasters.

“So, you may have a question for me,” Whitehouse said. “Why do you care? Why do you, Sheldon Whitehouse, Democrat of Rhode Island, care if we Republicans run off the climate cliff like a bunch of proverbial lemmings and disgrace ourselves? I’ll tell you why. We’re stuck in this together. We are stuck in this together. When cyclones tear up Oklahoma and hurricanes swamp Alabama and wildfires scorch Texas, you come to us, the rest of the country, for billions of dollars to recover. And the damage that your polluters and deniers are doing doesn’t just hit Oklahoma and Alabama and Texas. It hits Rhode Island with floods and storms. It hits Oregon with acidified seas, it hits Montana with dying forests. So, like it or not, we’re in this together.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/20/democratic-senator-goes-on-anti-gop-rant-over-climate-change-as-tornadoes-hit-oklahoma/#ixzz2TvCuCzlR
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    Kinda unkind to the mentally handicapped to elevate the Senator to their level, don't you think?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,570 Senior Member
    Yeah, at a minimum politically tone deaf. It's one thing to make the point that climate change is likely to lead an increased frequency and intensity of extreme weather events. It's another to make that point as dozens of people are being killed by a massive tornado.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,715 Senior Member
    Somebody needs to tell that mentally deficient and morally bankrupt senator that the sun is at it's solar maximum this year and solar output has been on the increase for the last three. Sun runs on an 11 year cycle from dormant to solar max, and at max it's a bit hotter, which makes weather a bit more unpredictable.

Anyway, we (the U.S.) are a small percentage of total world population, and the emerging countries are burning coal and fossil fuels like there's no tomorrow. We could shut down completely, and it wouldn't make a dent in the situation. And then there's those pesky volcanoes spewing stuff into the atmosphere. They make a bigger input when active than we do. And then there's that inconvenient bit about global temperatures stable and appearing to fall the last 10 years.

I wonder if it's true that a Democrat is a Republican that's had a full frontal lobotomy?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,460 Senior Member
    NM... going to get in trouble
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,976 Senior Member
    NM... going to get in trouble

?????
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,570 Senior Member
    Just a minor correction, but volcanos are net temp reducers due to the massive amount of soot and sulfer they put in the atmosphere, but the impact only lasts a year or two depending on the size of the volcano.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,976 Senior Member
    Just a minor correction, but volcanos are net temp reducers due to the massive amount of soot and sulfer they put in the atmosphere, but the impact only lasts a year or two depending on the size of the volcano.

And what about the molten streams of LAVA...Pompeii??????????
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Ban natural disasters. We need a law for that.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • lightkeeperlightkeeper Member Posts: 168 Member
    Another libertard moron who can't let a crisis go to waste. Without even one ounce of compassion for the folks that are suffering thru this. When placing blame on your rivals becomes your primary concern in a human tragedy, your soul has been lost.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,715 Senior Member

You're thinking of an erupting volcano spewing ash high into the atmosphere. Active volcanoes vent gases, lots and lots of gases. The sulfur and nitrogen oxides are taken out rather quickly by rainfall making acid rain. But there are many other gases vented that cause greenhouse effects. Gases from fumaroles include H2O, CO2, SO2, H2, CO, H2S, HCl, and HF. Note that some of those are greenhouse gases. And there are many deep underwater volcanoes and fumaroles that do not emit any ash at all as it is cooled and carried away by the water before it can reach the surface.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    This libtard annoys me. If the Dummycraps wouldn't have been so quick to offer huge relief packages for any popcorn fart storm that comes along, the Governors wouldn't be coming begging. They do it because the Federal Government makes them an offer they would be insane to pass up. And it's very plain why the politicians do it. It gets them votes from the mindless low information voters which are now a majority or so it seems.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

I wonder if it's true that a Democrat is a Republican that's had a full frontal lobotomy?

Naw, that ain't right, a Dummycrap is a Republican that has had a Total, Lobotomy!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Ban natural disasters. We need a law for that.

Hey, maybe they could embed this into a gun control law.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I believe the following summarizes the mindset of some of our elected representatives.
    The issue isn't the issue. The issue is how do we use whatever issue is presently in the public consciousness to accumulate power for ourselves and increase our control over others.