Gun Ban by Default in CA

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 890 Senior Member
As of today, May 17, 2013, no new semi-auto handguns will be added, or renewed, to the California Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale unless they incorporate microstamping technology. Just what is that you ask? Here is what that means according to the California Department of Justice:

“Therefore, to be listed on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California, a semiautomatic pistol must be equipped with micro stamping technology-i.e., a microscopic array of characters that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol, etched or otherwise imprinted in two or more places on the interior surface or internal working parts of the pistol, and that are transferred by imprinting
on each cartridge case when the firearm is fired.”
http://http://minutemennews.com/2013/05/gun-ban-by-default/

I wonder if this will apply to any firearms sold to Law Enforcement? Can't wait to see the unintended consequences for the politician with this piece of legislation.

Glad I moved from CA. 14 years ago.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    Well, let's see if gun makers stop selling to Police Departments, hey.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,580 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    As of today, May 17, 2013, no new semi-auto handguns will be added, or renewed, to the California Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale unless they incorporate microstamping technology. Just what is that you ask? Here is what that means according to the California Department of Justice:

“Therefore, to be listed on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California, a semiautomatic pistol must be equipped with micro stamping technology-i.e., a microscopic array of characters that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol, etched or otherwise imprinted in two or more places on the interior surface or internal working parts of the pistol, and that are transferred by imprinting

I wonder if this will apply to any firearms sold to Law Enforcement? Can't wait to see the unintended consequences for the politician with this piece of legislation.

Are there any manufacturers that currently have microstamping technology?

I left Cali 6 years ago and I never looked back....
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member

Well as you know those politicians are nucking futs. Of course micro stamping will help them catch bad guys.... doh! They have watched too many Hollywood produced shows and believe CSI forensics are totally real.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,412 Senior Member
    It is apperent that thinking is not required, but actually fround upon, in California.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    Great! Now all we'll have here in California is revolvers that don't leave ANY brass behind at the crime scene at all! Sadly, my situation is probably going to keep me here for at least a dozen years, if not more.

This is gonna have to be the last straw for a lot of manufacturers - ESPECIALLY if they are requiring this for renewals - though Ruger has thus far seemed ready and willing to play the game with LCIs, magazine cutoffs, and ignition keys. I figure that a few manufacturers will pursue this to tap the California market, but I hope we get a collective "POUND SAND" from the entire industry. These idjits have to be reined in somehow.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • agewonagewon Senior Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    How will this stop crime? Micro stamping will only lead them to the person the gun was stolen from.
  • 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    agewon wrote: »
    How will this stop crime? Micro stamping will only lead them to the person the gun was stolen from.

Ding-Ding, we have a winner.
    Teach
    If you don't have a C&R FFL,you really need to consider getting one----it's a license to spend money, though.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Are there any manufacturers that currently have microstamping technology?

"To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is currently producing any firearms that include microstamping."
    http://joeforamerica.com/2013/05/gun-ban-by-default/
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    agewon wrote: »

Or the person whose brass was left at the range.......
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    What happens when you full length re-size fired Micro-stamped brass to reload it......or maybe a new die ad will read "Removes spent primers, military crimp and Micro-stamping in one quick pull of the lever...."

Brass does stretch and contract somewhat when the cartridge is fired yes?

But wait, if said brass is then fired in a different pistol, does it Over-Stamp the old stamp....:tooth:

I don't think they voted this in because except as an impossible/prohibitive expensive law for most to comply with, even though some are stupid enough to think it will solve/prevent crimes. Back door gun control knowing a lot of folks will just give up on buying a new pistol.

Oh yes, brass from the range will complicate their investigation, like emptying an ash try and throwing the contents down at the crime scene where they are looking for a smoker!

IDIOTS
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,794 Senior Member
    If they'd go back to using convicted murderers as temporary dimmer switches for the lighting, this would take care of itself over time. Microstamping can be removed by chamber polishing, or in the case of microstamping on the case head, a little polishing of that area. The bunch pushing microstamping is as dumb as a bag of doorknobs.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The bunch pushing microstamping is as dumb as a bag of doorknobs.

That is a given for California, same for most Politicians.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,794 Senior Member
    That is a given for California, same for most Politicians.

The politicians pushing it are also mentally deficient and morally bankrupt.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• agewonagewon Senior Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    "To the best of my knowledge, no manufacturer is currently producing any firearms that include microstamping."
    http://joeforamerica.com/2013/05/gun-ban-by-default/

Doesn't matter if all manufacturers started supplying them tomorrow. If they did, they would just ban any weapon that didn't have a 1.1 gigawatt flux capacitor installed. Don't be too quick to call these guys dumb, because they're essentially doing that the OP heading says.
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,119 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

Wait. Have you really been in Idaho for six years? Christ it seems like yesterday that you left.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    Gun manufacturers can take the blame for this nonsense. Every time California or Massachusetts passed a stupid law, the gun makers bent over backwards to comply with specific models tailored to the ridiculous demands of these governments. Silence is acceptance, Going along to get along just encourages them. It will never end, the demand will never stop, the costs in engineering and manufacturing will have to be absorbed by the people in every state. Same with "California emissions" for cars.

It's time for massive corporate civil disobedience. Non Compliance. It's time for companies that make things to just say NO to regulation. Say instead, "This is our product. if you don't want us to sell it here, we'll sell it elsewhere. But until you sit on our board of directors, you have nothing to say about anything we make." Corporations have to grow a pair -sacrifice temporary profits for long term liberty. Manufacturers need to cut off States like California completely - no products or services to any of their police agencies or citizens. No guns, no repairs, no parts, no ammo. Same with cars. "If you don't like the way we make cars, fine, we'll just lay off three quarters of a million workers and you can support them. Next time you even think of passing a CAFE standard or a safety reg, gety out your checkbook. You're going to need it." Same with winter and summer blends of gasoline. The major refineries should tell the states, "we make regular, a mid grade, and premium. No oxygenation, no additives no subtractions. Don't like it? Do without gas. Call us when you're ready to let us sell our product." In every case, corporate noncompliance would be successful. Shortages of vital goods and services would cripple the whole country almost immediately. Consumer demand would quickly force changes in the attitude of government. And the future of free enterprise and capitalism would be secured.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,058 Senior Member
    I don't believe this is designed to deter, reduce crime or identify criminals. I believe it is to make it impossible to sell guns in California, and is hidden behind the premise of reducing gun violence. These people are NOT stupid, they are devious.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 388 Member
    Each handgun listed on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California also has an expiration date..and must be recertified every 3 years. So any of those currently legal will soon require to be retested and if no microstamping will then be illegal for sale.