This kind of crap really does not help our cause

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,669 Senior Member
http://gma.yahoo.com/president-obama-targeted-third-threatening-letter-161302581--abc-news-topstories.html

Looks like some wacko sent letters with a pro 2A message laced with Ricin to both the President and Mayor Bloomberg. Not smart.
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,347 Senior Member
    Wrong approach- - - - - -sending Bloomberg a 165 grain .308 Ballistic Tip would have been a lot more effective!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • softwarejanitorsoftwarejanitor Member Posts: 241 Member
    http://gma.yahoo.com/president-obama-targeted-third-threatening-letter-161302581--abc-news-topstories.html

Looks like some wacko sent letters with a pro 2A message laced with Ricin to both the President and Mayor Bloomberg. Not smart.

Very well could have been an anti-gunner trying to make us look bad.
  • mike94yjmike94yj New Member Posts: 25 New Member
    At this point I don't believe any of them. These guys have done nothing but lie to us for over 5 years. I would put nothing past either one of them, it certainly sounds like a ploy from the radical left.
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    Very well could have been the DOJ trying to make us look bad.

FYP:yikes::cuss::guns:
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,619 Senior Member
    We don't have to claim him.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,688 Senior Member

I would not bet against that.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,084 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    We don't have to claim him.
    Nope. All the media has to do is make the connection.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member

I thought the same thing: this will not do us any good. They'll use it to bolster the case to label NRA, NSSF, GOA, and everyone else as terroristas.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,265 Senior Member

Me thinks so tooooo:devil:
  • LerchessLerchess Senior Member Posts: 550 Senior Member
    mike94yj wrote: »
    At this point I don't believe any of them. These guys have done nothing but lie to us for over 5 years. I would put nothing past either one of them, it certainly sounds like a ploy from the radical left.

This. The folks who have sent poisoned letters in the past have been liberal whack jobs. This will be the same. I wouldn't trust a "news" story from yahoo about guns any more than I would trust investment advice from Bernie Madoff.

Wouldn't be the first time the libs have fabricated evidence to go after guns.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,111 Senior Member
    It's part of the progresso-lib propaganda plan. Have some left-winger send an ineffective amount of poison to left-wing politicians with pro-gun messages in them...it all fits like a glove.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    It's part of the progresso-lib propaganda plan. Have some left-winger send an ineffective amount of poison to left-wing politicians with pro-gun messages in them...it all fits like a glove.
    Yeah well, that is my fear about this.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Nobody one he is naive enough to believe there aren't any wackos who belong to the NRA..is there? Or gun owners in general or readers of the WSJ or Guns & Ammo magazines or whatever...........

Members are not screened and every group has its fruitcakes. With all the news about the NRA lately, it doesn't look good for the connection to the NRA they (mainstream news media) surely will pounce on this.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,669 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Nobody one he is naive enough to believe there aren't any wackos who belong to the NRA..is there? Or gun owners in general or readers of the WSJ or Guns & Ammo magazines or whatever...........

Members are not screened and every group has its fruitcakes. With all the news about the NRA lately, it doesn't look good for the connection to the NRA they (mainstream news media) surely will pounce on this.

This is very true. The bottom line is a wackjob is a wackjob no matter what their political/religious/or other beliefs. The problem is that every time a wackjob does something stupid the media and frankly a large portion of the public demand to know who he was/what he believed and then talk about everyone else in that group as if they're a potential thread be it gun owners, Muslims, or teenage boys who like guns and video games.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,002 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Wrong approach- - - - - -sending Bloomberg a 165 grain .308 Ballistic Tip would have been a lot more effective!
    Jerry

In all seriousness though, why would a PRO 2A individual with assassination on his mind use poison?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,347 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    In all seriousness though, why would a PRO 2A individual with assassination on his mind use poison?

He wouldn't, which makes it very likely that either a nutcase or a left-winger (Is there a difference?) probably sent those letters. It wouldn't be the first time the dummyycraps tried to paint gun enthusiasts in a really bad light. That's why I can't get too outraged about the media screaming about their 1st. Amendment rights being infringed by the Justice Department- - - -they've been enthusiastic co-conspirators in the assault on the 2nd. amendment for years.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Better living through chemistry!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Jerry

Careful, Teach. Some doofus might tweak your comment as making a threat to a public servant. I'm probably wrong on that but hey...

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Reading the letter, the guy seems totally off his rocker. There are plenty of pro-gun kooks to "balance" out anti-gun kooks. So he's just nuts, no further explanation needed.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,084 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Careful, Teach. Some doofus might tweak your comment as making a threat to a public servant. I'm probably wrong on that but hey...
    Really, is the term "doofus" called for?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Really, is the term "doofus" called for?

It needs help, how about 'A **** DEFORMED DWARFED PIGEON TOED HAIR LIPPED SPASTIC DOOFUS THE GOOFUS WHO IS BUTT UGLY WITH GONAD BREATH WHOSE MOTHER DRESSES HIM FUNNY'....:tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,688 Senior Member

Bingo. IF pro 2A whacko went off his rocker, he has access to guns. AND it has been shown in the last 2-3 crazy poison letters that the letters do nothing.

I'd almost put money on this being a false-flag
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,834 Senior Member
    Most of the above!

The reason I say most is it might hurt my image here if I agree with everyone.

But! A "Whacko is a Whacko is a Whacko!!!" Makes no difference which side of the Conservative-Libtard line he/she is on. In fact a true whacko probably has no base. He can one minute sound conservative and the next minute sound libtard.

Libtard-Doofus samo samo
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    It needs help, how about 'A **** DEFORMED DWARFED PIGEON TOED HAIR LIPPED SPASTIC DOOFUS THE GOOFUS WHO IS BUTT UGLY WITH GONAD BREATH WHOSE MOTHER DRESSES HIM FUNNY'....:tooth:

:nono: Danged Army don't teach 'magic words and phrases'. :tooth: I'd let 'er rip with the proper Navy terminology for such low life scupper licking government prefects that would twist words in such a manner, but I'd get banned. :rotflmao:

As to the fool that did that deed with the letters, it would appear to be a false flag op perpetrated by a left wing anti gun scurvy poltroon that lacks even two brain cells to rub together. It sure sounds like one of the poorly thought out schemes from the left wing bag of dirty tricks.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,111 Senior Member
    he wouldn't, which makes it very likely that either a nutcase or a left-winger (is there a difference?) probably sent those letters...........

NO, there is none!!!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,834 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    :nono: Danged Army don't teach 'magic words and phrases'. :tooth: I'd let 'er rip with the proper Navy terminology for such low life scupper licking government prefects that would twist words in such a manner, but I'd get banned. :rotflmao:

As to the fool that did that deed with the letters, it would appear to be a false flag op perpetrated by a left wing anti gun scurvy poltroon that lacks even two brain cells to rub together. It sure sounds like one of the poorly thought out schemes from the left wing bag of dirty tricks.

!Aww Come on you two! Don't pull any punches, tell us how you really feel!!! :roll2::rotflmao::roll2:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • SideOfBaconSideOfBacon Member Posts: 111 Member
    Jerry

Ladies and gentleman, the crazy right winger they are looking for. Maybe tone it down a bit and stop proving their point.

Seriously with what's been going on, and the end of the 4th amendment, no warrant searches, I wouldn't have typed that... Just saying.

Edited to add: Please don't give them what they want.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Seriously with what's been going on, and the end of the 4th amendment, no warrant searches, I wouldn't have typed that...

I wonder is some smart-alecky lawyer thought of going to court to find out just when, or if, a warrant is now required for anything?
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Both sides have wackos. When a wacko from one does something violently illegal that side greets its adherent with universal applause and reward while the other side greets theirs with condemnation. Can anyone guess which side does what?
    tennmike wrote: »

I'll beg to differ with you. No need to add another layer on what appears to be a right-wing crazy. It's probably just what it seems: a rightwing nutjob complete within his own delusional world view, seeing commies under the bed, Westboro Baptist style.

There are plenty of these nutjobs on the right to "match" the ones on the left (and no, I'm not talkin' about alphasig... he's our own special leftwing loveable guy, ha ha).

Too bad the extreme loonies on both sides of the coin don't just kill each other off. We'd get a little more sleep that way.