Home Main Category Clubhouse

For the Forum Firefighters!

KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior MemberPosts: 3,249 Senior Member
My shift had a fire this morning, With a Save! The victim got tanked up and decided to burn her house down. Police Officers who arrived on scene first, tried to get her to come out and she refused using terms that would get me banned. One Firefighter from Truck 3 and a Firefighter from Engine 3 managed to drag her out from under the table she was holding onto, about the same time as she got a good dose of smoke. The smoke having changed her opinion about dying in her house, she then relented, (passed out), allowing them to go out a window on a ladder placed by Truck 2, (my company). Transported to the hospital by the Band-Aid bandits, she has survived to no doubt, try to burn herself up again. And no, I didn't get in on the fun, I was stuck on RIT. :cuss: The other high point of the morning, her pit bull that had been played with and petted by most of the firefighters on scene, bit the first Police officer to get near him. :jester:
The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,962 Senior Member
    LEO should have tasered that dog.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Firemen and dogs are natural allies. Dogs and cops, not so much! :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    Nice work, do pits favor pork over other meats?
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,638 Senior Member
    Do Kudos from retired firefighters count?

Nice job guys.... :up:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member
    Excellent work.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    LEO should have tasered that dog.

He started to and then stopped
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    1965Jeff wrote: »
    Nice work, do pits favor pork over other meats?

That was discussed. There was some disagreement as to whether it was the pork flavor or some residual donut scent that brought on the bite. Obviously it did not suit him as he quit eating after the first taste.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Excellent job!

One of my buddies with PD got bit by a police dog when the two met rounding a corner looking for a bad guy. His sargent gave him a get well card the next day at the morning brief. Inside was a dog biscuit taped to the card with a note saying "In case of emergency, throw!"
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Excellent job!

One of my buddies with PD got bit by a police dog when the two met rounding a corner looking for a bad guy. His sargent gave him a get well card the next day at the morning brief. Inside was a dog biscuit taped to the card with a note saying "In case of emergency, throw!"

Several of the PD dogs were well known as equal opportunity buyers. They had one Rottweiler that always got at least one bite on
    the head