For those in TX... Just emailed and faxed Gov. Rick Perry

Fire mission to get some pro-gun bills on the special session agenda. Feel free to copy, modify & send...

name
address
city, TX, zip

Governor Rick Perry
Office of the Governor
State Insurance Bldg
1100 San Jacinto
Austin TX 78701
512-463-1849 Fax

Dear Governor Perry,

Please add the below 3 items to the Texas Legislature special session call list. Gun owners around the Internet are encouraged by Lt. Governor Dewhurst's suggestion you may include personal protection bills in a special session. I support Charles Cotton’s letter to you today.

1) Comprehensive campus-carry. Bills such as HB 972 were held up during the regular session by political party posturing. Our college professors, staff, and adult students deserve the right to self defense.

2) Elimination of virtually all remaining off-limits areas for Texas concealed handgun licensees (HB3218). CHL holders are statistically as law abiding as Texas law enforcement, so there is no reason to prevent CHL holders from carrying in currently prohibited locations.

3) Prohibition on the use of unenforceable 30.06 signs by governmental entities and agencies (HB508). Today, many towns attempt to bully CHL holders from carrying in legal locations through posting 30.06 signs.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

name

Replies

• bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    Already did it, when I got the message from TSRA.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I didn't send a request for additions to special session, but I just want to mention that a pure copy-and-email of a form letter or complaint is usually ignored, as the actual words of the voter are more impressive.

What works better is to rewrite any message in your own words and send that.

Thankfully we've got a pro 2A governor here!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • softwarejanitorsoftwarejanitor Member Posts: 241 Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    I didn't send a request for additions to special session, but I just want to mention that a pure copy-and-email of a form letter or complaint is usually ignored, as the actual words of the voter are more impressive.

What works better is to rewrite any message in your own words and send that.

Thankfully we've got a pro 2A governor here!

While what you say is true... what I offered was intended just as an example. Cut-n-paste and edit as you see fit. Of course a personal letter is best, but anything is better than nothing, and I am pretty sure staffers at least keep a rough count of pro/con letters on a given subject even if they are form letters.
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    While what you say is true... what I offered was intended just as an example. Cut-n-paste and edit as you see fit. Of course a personal letter is best, but anything is better than nothing, and I am pretty sure staffers at least keep a rough count of pro/con letters on a given subject even if they are form letters.
    Always use your own words when you can (you can't with the Ruger form...probably to protect the form from anti-gun people!). I'm sure the gov never sees an email, but the staff probably does tabulate the opinions.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand