Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

NJ Gun bills on Christie's desk...

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
This is a defining moment in Christie's bid for the presidency. If he votes for A3668, A3687, A3659, or S2720, the GOP needs to find another candidate.

Passed by both houses and on governor’s desk

A3668: Bars state pension fund from investing in companies that manufacture or sell assault firearms for civilian use

A3687: Bans those on the federal terrorist watch list from buying guns

A3717: Requires state to submit data on those who should be barred from owning guns to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System

A3796: Gives those who possess illegal guns 180 days to dispose of them

A3797: Requires New Jersey enforcement agencies to report information on lost, stolen and discarded guns to federal databases

A3583/1613: Establishes School Security Task Force

A3788: Turns state regulation that firearms owner info is not public information into a state law

A3659: Bans the .50-caliber rifle — the most powerful weapon available to civilians

S1279: Upgrades penalty for unlawfully transferring a firearm to an underage person; permits transfer for instruction and training

S2715: Requires Department of Education to prepare and distribute pamphlets on how parents can limit a child’s exposure to media violence

S2720: Clarifies that information concerning the total number of firearms purchaser identification cards and permits to purchase a handgun issued in a municipality are public records

S2804: Makes unlawful possession of firearms a first-degree crime; increases mandatory minimum sentences under the "Graves Act"

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/06/updated_gun_bill_scorecard_track_new_jerseys_gun_control_legislation.html
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Fat boy (although I do like him well enough) needs to pinch some of his blubber and do the right thing here and veto it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    It's "For The Children, Common Sense Gun Laws............... 90% Of Americans Want Stricter Gun Laws...................." and now lets hold hands with survivors of shootings and parents who lost loved ones to gun violence and get this done, even though this cockamamie crap wouldn't have prevented any of the recent shootings just harass legal gun owners and force them to jump through hoops to keep up with the new laws. It makes them feel so good to "Do Something" :group::group:

Same ole bull hockey the gun grabbers have been trying to pull fer years, but now they have more awful examples to use and get emotions stirred up to reach their end goals...which will be eventually no private ownership of firearms.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Oh man, I can't WAIT for someone to go line by line and tell us why those items are a good idea. You know, common sense...

Click on the link and look at some of the other pending legislation.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    I will be watching this one.

sent from my droid jeeping and surviving in the back woods
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Ok, I'll be that guy....

A3867... Banning those on terrorist watch list from buying guns? This wasn't already done?

What is wrong with that?
    I'll answer a question with a question.

Why are these people on the list?
    What are they guilty of?

Better yet, what are they ACCUSED of?

Adam J. McCleod

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Better yet, what are they ACCUSED of?

Terror.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Terror.

Then arrest them, charge them, try them, convict them, and let 'em ride the lightning.

Don't place them on a secret list that ONLY certain gov't entities have access to.

Adam J. McCleod

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    He could veto anti-gun bills all day, but he is one RINO I wouldn't vote for. He's handled the unions pretty well, but that's all I think he's got.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 863 Senior Member
    No way that democrat wannabe gets my vote. He will veto nothing
    Grumpy old gearhead
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    A3796: 180 days to turn in their illegal guns? Or what? Chubby gonna shake his chins at them? More anti drivel that will accomplish squat. Chubby will sign every single one of those and pontificate about how he "transcends" mere politics to do what is right and common sense. For the children.

I will not vote for this loser from New Jersey.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Ok, I'll be that guy....

A3867... Banning those on terrorist watch list from buying guns? This wasn't already done?

What is wrong with that?

Please tell me you're joking.

Who's to prevent you, me or anyone else who might speak out against govt. corruption or un-constitutional acts from being placed on a "terrorist watch list"?
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member

Who's to prevent you, me or anyone else who might speak out against govt. corruption or un-constitutional acts from being placed on a "terrorist watch list"?

This....
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I can see Governor Christie signing some of them, and pulling out his veto pen for some others. He will say he vetoed them because they were vague or needed clarification or specificity. He will trumpet his intention only to pass legitimate common sense gun control legislation. Moderate Independents and RINO Republicans will cheer. THEN, when nobody is looking, he will kiss the paper and make them law. I can see these bills approved under the most contrived and rationalized circumstances imaginable - but approved nonetheless.
    If they pass all that malarkey NJ will still be the same ole anti-gun state (more so) where the Mafia/Criminals and Cops seem to have unrestricted guns and the regular Joes will be even further denied their 2A rights.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    If the Gun Bill could look like a cheese burger maybe he'd eat it before he signs it. I've taken him off my list for President a while back due to his actions. :yawn: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Ok, I'll be that guy....

What is wrong with that?

Or how about they decide that if you own more than 3 guns to put you on a watch list?
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 849 Senior Member
    Ok, I'll be that guy....

What is wrong with that?

Oh look. You belong to a gun forum. We're going to put you on a watch list. Oh sorry, you can't buys guns any more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    A3796: 180 days to turn in their illegal guns? Or what? Chubby gonna shake his chins at them? More anti drivel that will accomplish squat. Chubby will sign every single one of those and pontificate about how he "transcends" mere politics to do what is right and common sense. For the children.

I will not vote for this loser from New Jersey.

I see a problem with that. If the government takes private property they must pay fair market value for the property taken. This, of course, assumes that the government is not run by neo-Nazi skin head jack boot thugs with the quasi-military police force enforcing the edict.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    I'll answer a question with a question.

Why are these people on the list?
    What are they guilty of?
    You and I may be on the list and not even know it. If we criticize our current government we may already be on our way to the re-education/death camps. Don't underestimate these s. We don't have to be guilty of anything only suspected of "terrorism"! Ask the not charged or convicted people in Guantanamo Bay!
    tennmike wrote: »
    I see a problem with that. If the government takes private property they must pay fair market value for the property taken. This, of course, assumes that the government is not run by neo-Nazi skin head jack boot thugs with the quasi-military police force enforcing the edict.
    What problem? A state declares federally legal items illegal in their state. These items are now illegal and following the amnesty period can be confiscated not only without any reimbursement but with a fine and imprisonment. An example is the "Peoples Republic of Kalifornia"! Years ago they banned possession of "assault weapons". They even tried to ban the SKS which has a 10 round non-detachable magazine if it had a folding bayonet. Please research how many injuries or deaths have been caused by folding bayonets in the last 20 years. I'm thinking it will be very close to zero. They ban ARs and AKs because to them they look evil. In the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia when they banned what they considered "assault rifles" they had an amnesty period to turn them in or get them out. Convicted felons who possessed banned weapons were exempt. They were Federally prohibited from even holding any gun. Turning in banned weapons would violate their 5th amendment rights (self incrimination). New Jersey is trying to do the same thing!
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    What problem? A state declares federally legal items illegal in their state. These items are now illegal and following the amnesty period can be confiscated not only without any reimbursement but with a fine and imprisonment. An example is the "Peoples Republic of Kalifornia"! Years ago they banned possession of "assault weapons". They even tried to ban the SKS which has a 10 round non-detachable magazine if it had a folding bayonet. Please research how many injuries or deaths have been caused by folding bayonets in the last 20 years. I'm thinking it will be very close to zero. They ban ARs and AKs because to them they look evil. In the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia when they banned what they considered "assault rifles" they had an amnesty period to turn them in or get them out. Convicted felons who possessed banned weapons were exempt. They were Federally prohibited from even holding any gun. Turning in banned weapons would violate their 5th amendment rights (self incrimination). New Jersey is trying to do the same thing!
    I checked. Fixed bayonet deaths in the last 20 years. Zero!