Home Main Category Personal Defense

Man breaking into home hogtied for police

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
An Oklahoma man grabbed and hogtied a guy who'd broken into his home, hogtied the intruder, left him on the lawn under wife's supervision till police came, and went to work!

Here's the Fox link to the story:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/04/tulsa-police-homeowner-captures-would-be-burglar-leaves-him-hogtied-in-front/?test=latestnews

Don't ya just love the casual attitude? "Y'know, pal, you aren't worth my complete attention since I gotta get to work, and you aren't even worth shooting. I'll just let ya lie here on the lawn till the cops come. My wife'll keep an eye on you in the meantime. You take care."

Replies

• Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    And she's 9 months along!
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Lucky he wasn't shot. Perhaps it's a message that he should re-evaluate his life, the next guy may
    not be so kind.
  • agewonagewon Senior Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    Too bad he didn't geld him while he was at it.
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    I'm picturing the homeowner roping and tying the guy up like the calf ropers at rodeos. 7-8 seconds from start to finish.....rope, flip, tie, throw hands up to stop the clock. Then he goes on to work, while the wife sits on the front porch with a gun and a glass of sweet tea.....
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    If he had a running iron he could have put a dandy brand on him.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I'm picturing the homeowner roping and tying the guy up like the calf ropers at rodeos. 7-8 seconds from start to finish.....rope, flip, tie, throw hands up to stop the clock. Then he goes on to work, while the wife sits on the front porch with a gun and a glass of sweet tea.....

Same image occurred to me. Thanks!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    If he had a running iron he could have put a dandy brand on him.

Along with that branding iron, you're supposed to make them a steer before release. Keeps the culls from procreating.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • agewonagewon Senior Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I got a Benjamin that's says if this would have happens in New York, the homeowner would be facing charges for assault or some such crap.

Agreed.
  • REDDEVILREDDEVIL Member Posts: 153 Member
    DAMN RIGHT! DEFINITELY A TULSAN TCB,... WOULDNT SEE THAT KIND OF STUFF IN WESTERN OKLAHOMA,... THATS USUALLY WHERE ALL THESE WEIRDOS COME FROM,... JUST ASK FARM BOY :tooth:
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member
    Do to fewer rocks we generally just bury problems.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,407 Senior Member
    How is that any different that locking some kids in a closet while waiting for the cops?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    It's more fun when you tie 'em up- - - - -too bad there wasn't a hog pen handy! Give the scumbag a couple of bloody wounds, and the hogs will take care of business!
    Jerry
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member
    Not feeding the hogs for a couple of days works too Jerry. Also handy when you running late for work.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13