Home Main Category Personal Defense

Swing for the cheap seats...

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberPosts: 3,763 Senior Member
Store owner clunks a knife wielding robber, with a bat.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=da4_1373496138
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    A baseball bat is my second choice in a self-defense scenario.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Mine is a three foot pickax handle affectionately known as "Stump," residing in a corner of my den.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I have an aluminum t-ball bat that my daughter used about 25 years ago - it's a perfect one-handed size and weight.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    AWESOME! (Note to self, put zip-ties in bunker pants, and carry Halligan on med-calls)
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,287 Senior Member
    and carry Halligan on med-calls)

That....no better calmer-downer out there....I've still got my "officers model" halligan....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    A folding spanner works well too. Don't ask how I know.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    I calmed down a small crowd one night with my shepards hook. It has the pry end of a halligan and the other end is a wicked metal hook. I remember hearing one say, "Nah man, it ain't worth that" followed by sneakers on the street.

Ever since I saw that quarantine movie I've kept Lucille with me every step of the way. No way in hell I'm going to let my only weapon be a sledge! Lucille is a wooden handled pick axe I saved. She has since been sanded down to bare metal and mostly polished. I will eventually make her look damn near chrome when I'm done. We have been through hell and back that's for sure. Maybe I will take a pic of her tomorrow if anyone wants to see.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I've seen more than one confrontation settled with a pool cue- - - - - -and a Louisville Slugger makes one of them look like an amateur's tool!
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    A baseball bat is my second choice in a self-defense scenario.

I somewhat agree with you bisley, except that I understand a 2 iron works pretty good also.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I hear Tiger Woods' ex gave him an attitude adjustment with a golf club- - - -anybody know which one she used?
    :yikes:
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    kinda funny the firefighter's struggling with the dude when they show up. Why didn't they just let the guy crack him with the bat again?:tooth::deadhorse:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I hear Tiger Woods' ex gave him an attitude adjustment with a golf club- - - -anybody know which one she used?
    :yikes:
    Jerry

My understanding is she used a 9 iron. She should have used a driver... or perhaps a driving iron. Something with a bit more heft.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    I calmed down a small crowd one night with my shepards hook. It has the pry end of a halligan and the other end is a wicked metal hook. I remember hearing one say, "Nah man, it ain't worth that" followed by sneakers on the street.

Ever since I saw that quarantine movie I've kept Lucille with me every step of the way. No way in hell I'm going to let my only weapon be a sledge! Lucille is a wooden handled pick axe I saved. She has since been sanded down to bare metal and mostly polished. I will eventually make her look damn near chrome when I'm done. We have been through hell and back that's for sure. Maybe I will take a pic of her tomorrow if anyone wants to see.

I know this is lobbing up an easy one, sure, lets see her!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Thanks, I forgot all about this thread lol
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock