Are "ARs" the only firearm people are interested in?

2»

Replies

• ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,110 Senior Member
    welcome

some people are lemmings. also, when it comes to gun rags, they are like any other media, they follow or go with the trend or whats hot since the idea is to sell. there are +/- to the AR platform, but for me they are just another toy.

i with re to the gun rags, i will scan the cover for any interesting articles and go from there.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Bream wrote:
    The barrel seems a wee bit short, and I wonder if SBR rules apply to muzzle loaders?

Muzzle loaders aren't considered firearms, so I couldn't imagine something that isn't a firearm having too short of a barrel.

You also have to remember just how FAR back the barrel on a muzzle loader starts. Look at the 1913 up top, comparing it to the Sight-Mark optic, I'd say that it's a five inch section. Looking at the whole pic, it looks like the barrel is probably a hair over legal, with the pinned muzzle device.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    agewon wrote: »
    Shall I define the zombie apocalypse as well? Just throwing a bit of humor in there, that's all.

Yes please. I just bought some of that Zombie Max ammo and I want to make sure I recognize when to use it. :yikes:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,832 Senior Member
    No, and what mags to you get? Try Joining the NRA and signing up for the American Rifleman. Actually there are several long gun related magazines where you will see 10 bolt guns to one AR.

But ARs are very popular. I'm a bolt gun guy but I want an AR and will eventually get at least one. I would like an AR-15 and an AR-10 before the Libtards take them away.
    If somebody shoots up a school with a full auto, they'll ban those (even though the masses can't afford one) even with a class III license. They don't get it. It's not the gun, it's the nutt behind the Trigger!

Sorry, got off track with that last couple sentences, but I get fired up about ARs. I mean I don't have a closet full, but I definitely like em and Hate it when they're attacked as if they're somekind of Ray Gun that the public shouldn't have.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,082 Senior Member
    Muzzle loaders aren't considered firearms, so I couldn't imagine something that isn't a firearm having too short of a barrel.
    Gotcha. It DOES look a bit unbalanced to my eyes, but that's just me.

And I still think it's a stupid looking muzzle brake/flash hider.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,157 Senior Member
    I think the interest in ARs is waning. Glad I sold mine when I did, I could replace it for half of what I got for it, but choose not to. LGS has them in stock.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,623 Senior Member
    If I ever get the last one I ordered I think it will be my last AR but then again 6 may just not be enough! :jester:
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    I just puked a little in my mouth.

Cant find most of keyboard.....bleak
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,002 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    I think it's horridly awesome!!! Grotesquely beautiful even. I love it when people slaughter sacred cows and hope the traditionalist get absolutely BENT over it.

It's heinous. I love it.

It's firing with a percussion cap instead of a flint. The traditionalists were absolutely bent long before the red dot, foregrip, and paint.:roll2:

I kinda get the AR fad. Even if I am not really "of the masses", I can certainly understand that it's a good choice FOR the masses. While it may not be the "any idiot can keep it running" rifle an AK is, it is the "darn near anyone with more than twelve brain cells can build a functional one" rifle. If there's suddenly a gajillion of them out there for either use or spare parts, bombproof reliability becomes less of a concern.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    How about a Tactical Caplock?
    I just puked a little in my mouth.
    cpj wrote: »
    I kinda like it. But I "get" it.
    I think it's horridly awesome!!! Grotesquely beautiful even. I love it when people slaughter sacred cows and hope the traditionalist get absolutely BENT over it.

It's heinous. I love it.
    cpj wrote: »
    Well said.

In a sick twisted way I like it.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    In a sick twisted way I like it.

I didn't say I liked it. Just glad it pisses off the traditionalist that think cap/flint and ball are the only way to go. So, it meets their criteria. Choke on it!

Haha!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • LerchessLerchess Senior Member Posts: 550 Senior Member
    Gotcha. It DOES look a bit unbalanced to my eyes, but that's just me.

And I still think it's a stupid looking muzzle brake/flash hider.

Its missing a Slidefire stock - thats why it looks unbalanced.

As for AR's in magazines - its what is selling right now. Can't blame them for writing articles on what folks are buying.

Another way to look at it is: Americans traditionally have a piqued interest in what the military uses. I'm sure in 1907 the old timers wanted to see more article about their falling block rifles and were getting pissed about all those new fangled '03's.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    Hell, I stopped reading gun rags several years ago. Not because of ARs, but because of the lack of meaningful substance PERIOD!

I get more pertinent information here than any magazine could provide these days.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,837 Senior Member
    Hell, I stopped reading gun rags several years ago. Not because of ARs, but because of the lack of meaningful substance PERIOD!

I get more pertinent information and fashoion tips here than any magazine could provide these days.

Don't forget this also.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,493 Senior Member
    Nope, that thing should have been on the end of a coathanger.

That is slaughtering sacred tofu, tasteless and not worth doing.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
2»