Gander Mountain ammo

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberPosts: 3,738 Senior Member
I was in the Jackson, Tn. Gander Mountain, this afternoon. They had quite a bit of Independence 5.56mm ammo, but $11.99 for a 20rd. box seemed sorta steep to me. They had several 100rd. boxes of Win. 230gr. .45acp for $64.99. I get the same thing at WW for $40.70
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,004 Senior Member
    GM has always been a ripoff. Bad as CTD.
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    Slander Mountain as I call them are horribly high priced on anything and everything. Very rarely you will find a good deal on a flashlight, 12ga shells or small camping item. Their gun prices are generally $100-$150 higher than my LGS. That being said I did pick up some .22 the other day when I was in there to talk to a friend that works there. Haven't seen it in stock anywhere else and I am on empty for CCI subsonic. A little high but not horrible considering current prices.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,458 Senior Member
    GM listed prices are high, but they do price match on everything....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,738 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    GM listed prices are high, but they do price match on everything....

I bought a Stack-On gun safe from them, a couple of years ago. The salesman didn't want to match the price that was on their website, that was about $60 cheaper than what they had in the store. I was ready to walk out, when the manager came out and approved the price.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,378 Senior Member
    Except for a few select accessories and the odd sale, Gander Mountain is absolutely ridiculous on pricing. I don't see how they stay open.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,500 Senior Member
    Except for a few select accessories and the odd sale, Gander Mountain is absolutely ridiculous on pricing. I don't see how they stay open.

For sure. I told one of their managers that their price it high, but price match policy, is bs. They basically rip off the uneducated, and casual buyers.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,458 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    For sure. I told one of their managers that their price it high, but price match policy, is bs. They basically rip off the uneducated, and casual buyers.

Only way I would even consider using their price match is if they were the only shop that had what I wanted in stock.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson