Home Main Category Personal Defense

FBI Puts "Hold" on Zimmerman getting his gun back

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
FLA law says he was found not guilty/acquitted so they must return it. However, the witch-hunt continues by the feds.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/19/fbi-requests-florida-police-not-return-gun-to-zimmerman/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Nice to know that 310 years after the Salem witch trials that our society is still capable of official persecution of someone who was found innocent by a jury of his peers. No double jeopardy here, nothing to see, move along.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    A gun shop, in Florida, as offered to give Zimmerman a free handgun. Let's see what they do about that.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,194 Senior Member
    Nice to know that 310 years after the Salem witch trials that our society is still capable of official persecution of someone who was found innocent by a jury of his peers. No double jeopardy here, nothing to see, move along.

Yep - we've always been good at witch hunts. Always.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • rapier5316rapier5316 Member Posts: 312 Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Yep - we've always been good at witch hunts. Always.

Is it still as profitable? Witches tended to be wealthy widows and were charged for each bit of the incarceration and trial.

See Sig line.......
    "The power of the United States has peaked, oppression follows." Robert Prector, Socionomics.net
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »
    A gun shop, in Florida, as offered to give Zimmerman a free handgun. Let's see what they do about that.

The ATF will revoke the shop's license.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    The FBI is holding Mr. Z's gun allowing the opportunity for another urban youth to kill him.

Can you imagine what would happen if someone wanted to revenge murder GZ and he killed another young black attacker with his returned KelTec?
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,407 Senior Member
    I heard they shipped his gun to Mexico
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    I heard they shipped his gun to Mexico

Or Syria! LOL. The FBI is no longer an honored crime-busting agency - it has now received a full dose of the corruption that has infected and corroded the entire Justice Department. It now appears that nobody in this administration - in any agency - can be trusted to behave lawfully or even with good intentions. Everything, throughout the entire Yankee Government, has gone to pot. All lies and liars, polarized, partisan, and evil. Except the military, below the rank of general or admiral. Above colonel, I don't even trust them.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Or Syria! LOL. The FBI is no longer an honored crime-busting agency - it has now received a full dose of the corruption that has infected and corroded the entire Justice Department. It now appears that nobody in this administration - in any agency - can be trusted to behave lawfully or even with good intentions. Everything, throughout the entire Yankee Government, has gone to pot. All lies and liars, polarized, partisan, and evil. Except the military, below the rank of general or admiral. Above colonel, I don't even trust them.

Oh really? I love our troops to death, but even they (in a small minority) are not immune from unbecoming conduct and even criminal activity contrary to the honor and principle of the Constitution. No facet of mankind is completely reliable.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Jim TomJim Tom Member Posts: 338 Member

Chill, Dude! All 3,000,000 of us haven't gone off the deep end.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Dang, I'm sorry chief, I didn't see this thread and started one like it in Political-2nd Amendment. Anyway, this is a down right illegal move by the Feds. Whether BHO and EH like it or not, the justice system worked. All they can get Zimmerman for is civil charges which don't have anything to do with firearms ownership. Once again BHO and his administration think the Constitution is Toilet Paper!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Jim Tom wrote: »
    Chill, Dude! All 3,000,000 of us haven't gone off the deep end.

Not yet, but if these clowns keep screwing with the Constitution and us Citizen's rights, there may be hell to pay.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,269 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Oh really? I love our troops to death, but even they (in a small minority) are not immune from unbecoming conduct and even criminal activity contrary to the honor and principle of the Constitution. No facet of mankind is completely reliable.

Throw in under age drinking, and probably 70% of the military under 21 engage in criminal activity...... Know I did!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    They will need the gun for the Travon Martin library, book store and rib shack in Washington DC. :fiddle: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,866 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Actually, the incidence is high, maybe the local news is over reporting; but, we get constant news
    reports of some Marine in trouble with the law; but, we have 3 Marine Bases within 50 miles and an AF Base within 50/60 miles.
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    If anyone needs to carry a handgun in this nation today, it is George Zimmerman. The man has become a pariah. If Zimmerman is threatened by a black person and he shoots him, this time he should run like mad. The cops might think is was just another black on black murder and ignore it. Isn't that what they do on Chicago?
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    For any LE agency to legally retain property, that agency must show cause, evidence in an ongoing case... the interested party files paper in court for return of property (or show just cause for not returning said property) and that agency is ordered to return said property if no "just cause" can be shown.

A court order for the return of property (includes firearms) is issued, if no just cause can be proved, Even a LE agency can be found to be in contempt of court / fined etc.....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Florida's Governor should order Sanford PD to release the gun.Tell Holder to show cause or ****!