Got our son out to the range last night

TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior MemberPosts: 6,081 Senior Member
Me and my wife were going shooting last night, our son was not at work so he went with us. He put 100 rounds through my M&P 9 while I shot 38s in the rental 686 plus 3".

I gotta get me one of those! :guns:

This was our sons first time out since the beginners handgun class we took back in February. We've had a **** of a time getting our schedules together.

We all had a blast, I throughly enjoyed teaching him how to shoot my gun. And judging by his ear to ear grin the entire time we were out there, I think he's got the bug. :cool2:
Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    So, what are you gonna buy for him?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,081 Senior Member
    That's a good question. Tried to get him try try some of the rentals but he really liked my M&P. But since he did not try anything else he has no frame of reference. He wants to go back in a week or so and maybe I can get him shooting their Glocks and Sigs and Berettas and so on.

Short answer is...anything he wants.

OK, maybe not anything. I aint made of money.
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    The S&W 686 is hands down the best all around American made .357 on the current market. It is a marriage made in Heaven for the .357 cartridge. With it's L frame , not too small and not too big (K&N respectively) just right. It's very durable, accurate and affordable (considering what you get fer yer $ in today's market) I've been shooting one for over 25 years and it still puts them in the boilermaker :guns::guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • GunsBehindBarsGunsBehindBars New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Where did you take the handgun class? Any more info on it?