Home Main Category Personal Defense

Zimmerman trial begins w. critical defendant quote, a warning if you're ever involved

13»

Replies

• tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 660 Senior Member
    Well except he wasn't told to stay in his vehilce. The dispatcher heard heavy breathing/wind noises and asked him was he following Mr Martin. When the dispatcher told Mr Zimmerman we dont need you to do that the heavy breathing/wind noises stopped.

Now that tells me that A the dispatcher did not tell Mr Zimmerman to remain in his truck. And B Mr Zimmermans assertion that he went to the other street to get an address before returning to his truck sounds plausible.

Mr Zimmerman in his telling of the events to the police officers explains that he went past the intersection of the sidewalk to that other street for an address and when he walked back past that intersection and on his way back to his truck is when Mr Martin approached and confronted him. In my opinion the timeline fits what Mr Zimmerman claimed happened and the witness account seems to jibe with his account as far as where the confrontation occured.

As for being in some sort of trouble with the HOA I don't see that at all, as Mr Zimmerman was not on watch at the time, he was going out shopping so any rule about not being armed on watch does not come into play. I can see the police not being happy with him following Mr Martin however when the dispatcher asks him which way did Mr Martin go I can see that Mr Zimmerman could easily have taken that as I need you to follow him from a safe distance and tell me where he went. The president of the HOA seemed right pleased that the stucco guys followed that "perp" in order to assist the police in his apprehension so I am not so certain that he would have any issue with Mr Zimmerman following Mr Martin.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    Well the Jury is out. Now we wait to see how long it takes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The final arguments were fine, but the prosecution's rebuttal was excellent - passionate and emotional - especially considering his all-female audience. I feel it will be very tough for them to avoid a conviction on one charge or the other. A life-long Democrat Judge certainly didn't help Zimmerman's case any. While nobody cares a whit for the likes of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, the state's real agenda here is to send a chilling message to one and all who might find themselves in a self-defense situation - 'Don't shoot, ever. Please, just die. If the bad guy doesn't get you, we will.'
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Seems like Zimmerman did not exercise the leetle grey cells as Hercule used to say.

Even a LEO can use Diplomacy / Discretion even misdirection, rather than force when confronting a possible suspect, you get better results.

You see a suspicious male you want to question,

Excuse Me sir, did you happen to see a big white guy run by ? no ? then act friendly and get the answers you need without alarming the suspect.

Unrelated incident: I was in a horrible section of projects of Brooklyn on a service call, a guy tries to rob Me, he is armed with a snubby revolver pointed at Me, a no win situation, right ? then I hear a siren way off, I act very nervous and yell the cops are coming ! We got to run !
    It worked, he ran off, even dropped his gun into a waste can.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996