Ruger Expanding

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,319 Senior Member
New plant in NC. Saw an interview with the CEO, he said they wanted a "2nd Amendment friendly state" to build in. They will have a 300yd indoor range for testing and 10 new assy lines.

http://www.ruger.com/news/2013-07-08a.html
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    AWESOME! Go Ruger. :applause::worthy::win::up: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    It is good they came here with jobs even if they brought their own people.

I'm more interested in Cape Fear Arsenal that just opened somewhere near Wilmington, NC and what they make besides .223 and how to buy some.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    That's good. Gives them something to do while they fix their roof in AZ.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    My brother-in-law is a stock broker. I'm going to ask him about investing in some Ruger stock. It's got a pretty impressive track record from what I've been able to research.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    It is good they came here with jobs even if they brought their own people.

I'm more interested in Cape Fear Arsenal that just opened somewhere near Wilmington, NC and what they make besides .223 and how to buy some.

I don't mind them bringing their own people down South. I don't mind Yankees coming here, as long as they don't try to change us into what they left. I hate it in places like Houston where they have so many Yankees moving in and they elect libtards. It's funny because you can go right out of the city limits and things get real conservative already.

BTW, before anybody gets their panties in a wad here, The Yankees I'm referring to are the NE or New England brand and NYC and NJ brand where most of our traditional firearms manufacturers were in the beginning. They places where the politicians didn't appreciate the industry contributing to their economy and tried to tax Remington, Ruger, Winchester, and Colt out of existence.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,788 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    My brother-in-law is a stock broker. I'm going to ask him about investing in some Ruger stock. It's got a pretty impressive track record from what I've been able to research.
    Jerry

The time to invest would have been just after Sandy Hook. That said still a reasonable valuation with a dividend yield that pays better than treasury bonds.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Anyway, "GO RUGER!!!"
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    The time to invest would have been just after Sandy Hook. That said still a reasonable valuation with a dividend yield that pays better than treasury bonds.

Alpha, I wasn't paying attention after Sandy hook. Did companies like Ruger take a big hit then? I can see where AR manufacturers would have somewhat, but companies such as Ruger and Remington that just feature one AR I wouldn't have thought wound have taken that big a hit. But like I said, I wasn't paying attention.
    They all dropped at least 10-15%. I'm pretty sure S&W took a bigger hit than Ruger, but they all went down quite a bit. I had a few buy orders in, but missed the bottom and they never got filled. Shame as I would have made at least 35% on the S&W trade if I'd been less greedy.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    They all dropped at least 10-15%. I'm pretty sure S&W took a bigger hit than Ruger, but they all went down quite a bit. I had a few buy orders in, but missed the bottom and they never got filled. Shame as I would have made at least 35% on the S&W trade if I'd been less greedy.

I learned at the knee of a wise old Jewish guy. The main thing he told me that really stuck was to not 2nd guess your hit or misses when playing the market. Just stay focused on the long term and it all evens out. I found that to be true. I'm at the age that I don't own anything that doesn't pay a dividend. You probably reinvest yours automatically. And rightly so. But mine supplement my income. I wish people would think about that when they want to raise taxes on that type of income. It's not all greedy rich people that have that.

Still, I feel your pain when you miss a return like that.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs

WOW! That much! And none of THEM are that big into ARs. Just shows you how panic can rule the market sometimes.
    snake284 wrote: »
    WOW! That much! And none of THEM are that big into ARs. Just shows you how panic can rule the market sometimes.

Panic can be your friend if you're prepared.
    -DoctorWho