Home Main Category Personal Defense

Fight over speeding car ends with Virginia man shooting self in groin, police say

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Well what can I say.....numb nuts :rotflmao:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/07/virginia-man-shoots-self-in-groin-after-being-told-to-slow-down-police-say/print

"A man apparently speeding in Norfolk, Va., accidentally shot himself in the groin after he waved a firearm at bystanders who told him to slow down, police told FoxNews.com

Rhonney Jacobs was speeding through the neighborhood when he was flagged down by two men, Norfolk police said. He made a U-turn and confronted one of the men, police said.

There was a struggle and Jacobs pulled out his .45-caliber gun and it accidentally discharged into his groin, police said. One witness told WTKR.com that he pulled his gun out “trying to shoot one of them but he shot himself." She said there was blood everywhere.

There were children playing at the time and Zach Watson, one of the neighbors, told the station that he was just happy none of them were hurt."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/07/virginia-man-shoots-self-in-groin-after-being-told-to-slow-down-police-say/print

Fox News' Edmund DeMarche contributed to this report
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Numb ? R U kidding ? Hows about no nuts ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Well, hopefully, he took himself out of the gene pool. A .45 is a good chlorine shock treatment for that sort of thing.

A guy in Chattanooga, TN a few years ago was carrying a sawed off 12 ga. single shot pistol grip shotgun stuffed in the front of his pants. He was going to rob a convenience store, but while pulling out his 'pistol' he pulled the trigger and totally removed his 'twig and berries', and a hunk of his left thigh. Nearly bled to death on way to the hospital.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,686 Senior Member
    Darwin Awards!

There was a guy who substituted a 3AG fuse in his truck with a .22LR. Under the dash. Pointed at himself. It overheated, and shot his jewels off.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,563 Senior Member
    While there is definitely some humor here, it's not really funny. Just more ammo for the gun grabbers to use.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Mythbusters did that one. You ain't shooting nothing off. You'd be lucky if it went through your pants.

Yeah. Urban legend totally.

Re. the Virginia man, however, what a great pubic (er, public) service, volunteering for a Darwin award all on his own!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,686 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Mythbusters did that one. You ain't shooting nothing off. You'd be lucky if it went through your pants.
    Awwww NUTS!

Well, it makes a good story, anyway!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(