Home Main Category Hunting

"Teenage" fawn tale

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,094 Senior Member
Was working out in the shed (or cleaning up after finishing my project) and noticed something coming down the hill in back. Take a closer look and it's a fawn that's about half-way out of spots. Head in to the house to get the wife so she can see it.

As we're standing on the back deck watching it, it comes on down the hill, looks at the food plot I have planted and decided the sprouts are too small mess with. About that time I hear what I expect was "mama" bleating at it. In my mind mama was hollering, "Junior, you get back here." Fawn stopped, looked back towards where the bleating was coming from, bucked two or three times, and headed towards the wife's garden.

I hear "mama" bleating at it again. This time it seemed more "urgent", "Junior, you get back here RIGHT NOW, don't make me come down there."
The fawn stopped, looked back again, gave a couple of "jumps" and took off in the opposite direction.

Made me think of a typical teenager, parent says do one thing, so they do the exact opposite.
Wife & I got a kick out of watching it :popcorn:

So I thought I'd share it with you :beer:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies