Home Main Category Hunting

Hasn't someone taken game with this Prvi Partizan 7.62x39 load??

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,087 Senior Member
SOFT_zpsc98ce6e5.jpg

I seem to remember someone having used this load on deer and/or pigs.
I just ordered 100 rounds of it to see how it shoots in my FINICKY 799 from Wideners http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8507&dir=18|830|852 to see if that aggravating thing likes RN bullets better.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    If it has no steel in the bullet, I'd like to try it in my SKS. Local indoor range doesn't allow surplus FMJ 'cause of the steel.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    AK shooters claim it does not feed well. It is .310 / .311 diameter ammo and works well in my hunting SKS and shoots about 3 MOA with irons. Supposedly it is made for bolt guns. I have not shot a pig with it yet, but it seems reliable and accurate and I have about 120 rnds of it tucked away. I would not be surprised if it shot well in your 799.

D

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Tanner gun show this weekend, I'll try to find some unless y'all say it's an online acquirement only thing.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,087 Senior Member
    Thanks Dan, Got a reply from Bullsi and he's the one that's taken game with it.
    Steve, no steel in bullet or case.

I'm just hoping to find something that will shoot acceptably in my 799 for hunting.

In the past, before I had my -06 rebarrelled, the only thing that I could keep 5 on an 8.5x11" target @ 100 yards were some 170 RN (30-30 bullets, downloaded to closer to 30-30 velocities) So I am HOPING these RNs will be the ticket for that "danged" 799
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Paul, when you're tired of fighting with that one, we can screw a .257 barrel onto it. I've got the metric tap to clean up the receiver threads and the die to chase the barrel thread, and a .257 Scooter reamer with only one chamber cut to its credit! I think the magazine box on that one should be long enough that it won't need the tinkering the .223 required, and the bolt stroke is probably OK also.
    Jerry
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,087 Senior Member
    Appreciate the offer Jerry! :beer:
    However, if I get to the point of a rebarrel, I'm pretty sure it'll be with a .264" barrel, and a Grendel reamer. :tooth: