On the value of paying attention to your surroundings

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,195 Senior Member
Man shoots other man on the train he's riding on. After drawing the pistol and pointing it at fellow passengers several times. They're just too attentive to whatever they're doing to notice him.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Absorbed-device-users-oblivious-to-danger-4876709.php#page-1
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,212 Senior Member
    Hard to believe people can be that clueless of their surroundings...but then it's California..where it's illegal to defend one's self...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    Maybe he would have shot the first person who noticed him. Sounds like he got frustrated when he didn't get the reaction he was hoping for. I'd like to see the video.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,032 Senior Member
    It is obviously the guns fault.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,188 Senior Member
    The zombie apocalypse is already here. People wired up to their smartphones. Oblivious to everything around them with their eyes glued to that little screen. They have been assimilated.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The zombie apocalypse is already here. People wired up to their smartphones. Oblivious to everything around them with their eyes glued to that little screen. They have been assimilated.

You mean like Democrats?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Huh? What?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,195 Senior Member
    You mean like Democrats?

What else is there in coastal Kommiefornia?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    What else is there in coastal Kommiefornia?

Well since there seems to be some confusion over my comment, I stole it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fv5I2rmtuU

It's Bob Hope and only last 37 seconds.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,188 Senior Member
    You mean like Democrats?

They aren't real zombies; they aren't dead and reanimated. They are just brain dead. This assumes, of course, that they had a brain in the beginning that later dies. And since most of them didn't have two viable brain cells to rub together to start with, it becomes ambiguous as to whether two viable brain cells constitute a brain, or, whether it was just a proto-brain that never developed with the rest of the body. At any rate, they seem to be quite enamored of bright shiny objects, and gaze at and caress them to the detriment of their safety, and oblivious to danger nearby. I shall coin a new word to describe them. Techbies, which is a person acting like a zombie due to technological brain lock(again assuming a brain exists).
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.