Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

They knew the ACA website was going to crash...........

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 10,270 Senior Member
Good article from Forbes........ totally biased of course, but I think the point is sound.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/14/obamacares-website-is-crashing-because-it-doesnt-want-you-to-know-health-plans-true-costs/

Make sure to read the comments......
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Does this debacle with the Obummercare website seem oddly familiar- - - - - -kind of like the metric butt ton of money that got dumped into a company called "SOLYNDRA"? Want to bet the companies tasked with building the sign-up website suddenly go bankrupt and the money paid to them comes up missing?
    Jerry
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,815 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    ...........Want to bet the companies tasked with building the sign-up website suddenly go bankrupt and the money paid to them comes up missing?
    Jerry

They could have at least hired an American company to do the job. They're in Canada.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Lots of people signing up on the site but not buying the insurance. Most of the Obama acolytes thought it was going to be free. They thunk wrong. And if most of the young people opt out and just pay the pittance of a fine, which is MUCH cheaper than the insurance premium, the whole thing will implode on its own mass.

Maybe the Big O can have the NSA retask some of their HUGE server farms to handle the incoming web traffic. It will end up in their computers anyway.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Someone give me the Reader's Digest version........how does someone who doesn't have a job afford "Affordable Heath Care" if they can't pay for it as mandated by the Congress and the President?
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    Someone give me the Reader's Digest version........how does someone who doesn't have a job afford "Affordable Heath Care" if they can't pay for it as mandated by the Congress and the President?
    You are then supposed to be eligible for either Medicaid or Goobermint subsidies. Then once you get a job, you will want to quit when you see how hard you are going to have to work just to be able to afford the true cost of these health insurance policies.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,270 Senior Member
    Short version of the article..... If average citizen went on site just to check cost (without subsidies) they would be like.........

Resume-Cost.jpg

Soooooo..... They made sure you couldn't just go and check price. You have to enter a bunch of info (even people who won't end up buying it have to enter a bunch of info) so the can figure out if you're eligible for subsidies before they give you a price. That way Obama voter (the GIVE ME SUMTIN FREE ones) will never see the real cost.

They knew all this info gathering would slow the site to a crawl, but it was more important to them that the sheeple never see the actual cost....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,340 Senior Member
    While working for Uncle Sam I've been on the receiving end of those much touted "new and better" roll outs and "up grades" more times than I can count. Never, not once did they work as advertised if they worked at all....So this screw up shouldn't have been a surprise...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    As many Americans who are outta wok, they chose a Canadian company???? Even though the company builds most of our websites/servers in the US and has a good reputation why did they bungle this one and it was way overpriced with many cost overruns.

CGI Federal is a Canadian owned company:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/16/meet-cgi-federal-the-company-behind-the-botched-launch-of-healthcare-gov/

What is CGI Federal?
    Serge Godin, where it all started. (CGI Group)

Serge Godin, now a billionaire. (CGI Group)

CGI Federal is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Canadian firm CGI Group, which was founded in Quebec City in 1976 by a pair or 26-year-olds named Serge Godin and Andre Imbeau. (CGI stands for "Conseillers en Gestion et Informatique" in French, which roughly translates to "Information Systems and Management Consultants"). Growing through scores of acquisitions, and providing outsourced IT services to massive companies such as Bell Canada and Quebec's provincial pension plan, CGI's business model depends on embedding itself deeply within an institution.

This may explain it................

Obamacare's Website Is Crashing Because It Doesn't Want You To Know How Costly Its Plans Are:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/14/obamacares-website-is-crashing-because-it-doesnt-want-you-to-know-health-plans-true-costs/
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!