Ruger 77/44 range report

farm boyfarm boy Senior MemberPosts: 987 Senior Member
I took my Ruger 77/44 to my the family range today. After installing the Jard trigger Wednesday this handy little carbine is just that much more fun to shoot. My first group from 50 yards was low and left.
9497063e6a9d4548bf4ab25154537ebe_zpsb19289e1.jpg
After scope adjustment I moved to the hundred yard steel. Actually I placed it at a lasered 110 yards. I didn't feel like moving it because it is heavy.
7b4cc555ae1183d86268340003392b8e_zps22486210.jpg
Four rounds are the divots.
The load was Mag Tech 240gr JSP. All shooting was done from kneeling with the gun rested on a field expedient type rest. About 60 degrees no wind.
I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
Dad 5-31-13

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Sounds like a fun gun to shoot. Open sights or glass?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 987 Senior Member
    Glass. It wears a Swift 1.5-4.5X32 with a donut over duplex reticle. Super fast to pick up, not so super for pinpoint precision.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    farm boy wrote: »
    Glass. It wears a Swift 1.5-4.5X32 with a donut over duplex reticle. Super fast to pick up, not so super for pinpoint precision.

Many many different loads for a .44 Mag out there, both factory and reloading data. Looks like you are off to a good start.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,301 Senior Member
    Nice work. I kick myself for passing up a good deal on a 77/44 a few years ago:bang: have been wanting one ever since.

Sako
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,766 Senior Member
    Looks good!
    With sighted in I have a primary rifle, a secondary rifle and a backup rifle. This 77/44 will get blooded this year.
    Sake, you are right to be kicking yourself.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,810 Senior Member
    sakodude wrote: »
    Nice work. I kick myself for passing up a good deal on a 77/44 a few years ago:bang: have been wanting one ever since.

Sako

I sense a weakness is the force :jester:

Good shooting
  • tbarnztbarnz Member Posts: 66 Member
    farm boy wrote: »

Nice scope! I have that one on my Mini 30.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,951 Senior Member
    Most excellent. I see a dead deer in its future.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Zee wrote: »
    I see a dead deer in its future.

That is the plan.
    Photo051_zps3f7ee0d8.jpg
    A pose something like this would be cool.
    Dad 5-31-13