Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Government blocks Asian-American band from trademarking ‘The Slants’

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
‘RACIAL SLUR’: Government blocks Asian-American band from trademarking ‘The Slants’

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/21/racial-slur-government-blocks-asian-american-band-from-trademarking-the-slants/#ixzz2iNJuEIUm
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Obviously, we wouldn't want to let this catch on - people actually not giving a damn about political correctness. It could lead to....humor.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,190 Senior Member
    As soon as "they" start citing so-called "Morality", I tune out. Idiots.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Slantyeyedshootist may get bannned by the Gooberment!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Screw the government. The band should call themselves "The Slants" anyway. So what if they can't 'trademark' it. They can still copyright their music and performances, if they're any good they can still make a bazillion bucks, and it's not likely a copy cat trying to steal their name would get away with it for long.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,802 Senior Member
    All they need to do is register their business name "The Slants" with the state business regulation agency as an LLC, and they should be covered. It usually can be done online.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Soooo...when will unelected bureaucrats go after rappers, (notice I didn't ay rap "artists") for dropping n bombs every other word. I thought the N word was worse than child molestation while juggling Gerbils with the PC crowd.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Oh oh, I'm in trouble....
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    Maybe I change name to clookedeye or srightry angoed or something.

Nah, I'm not PC and making fun of Asians like myself is my whole shtick.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I wan numma 14 with flied lice, egg-drop soup, rarge, two egg loll.......get here in 20 and dliver make 5 dollal tip! The Gooberment has no business in business.......they can't even balance their own check book so who are they to say anything about anyone else?
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That's why there's only two pallbearers at a bureaucrat's funeral- - - - -only two handles on a garbage can!
    :devil:
    Jerry
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,500 Senior Member
    . . .Nah, I'm not PC and making fun of Asians like myself is my whole shtick.

My gift to you Slantey: www.slopedoper.com Just the thing if you ever find yourself at war with an Asian opponent. Never thought of the name for their product having any racial connotations until this thread, and now I've got the giggles.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug wrote: »
    My gift to you Slantey: www.slopedoper.com Just the thing if you ever find yourself at war with an Asian opponent. Never thought of the name for their product having any racial connotations until this thread, and now I've got the giggles.

I can put in pocket? In my pocket protector next to my pens, slide rule and abacus? Cool.:up:

Hey, wait a minute. Are you calling me a slope dope????:tooth: