Cars 5 Deer0.

Fat BillyFat Billy Senior MemberPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
Don't need a hunting license around Atlanta. 5 deer have been killed by cars around the Georgia capital this week during the beginning of the deer mating season. Only drivers license required. I guess a Silverado pick up truck looks like a big buck to some does and a VW Beetle looks like a doe to some bucks. If you hit a deer with your car do you have to use one of your game tags? Is hitting a deer with an expired tag indicate you were using an unlawful weapon? Inquiring minds want to know. :yesno: Later,
Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,551 Senior Member
    Heck, I see five just driving home from work...wait till the rut begins.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,897 Senior Member
    Not a lot of fun hitting one
    I was just a passenger.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Cited some statistics on Georgia Auto/Deer accidents on another Thread here not long ago.....
    Last figures that I saw on the subject was 4 or 5 years old, 2009, I think, that stated 41,000 deer hit by vehicles in Georgia that year.

I saw a dead doe not long ago in I-285 a mile or so west of where 400 turns north toward Roswell.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,555 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Not a lot of fun hitting one

I hit one on a motorcycle. I used to complain about the $1500 invested in crash gear.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,897 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I hit one on a motorcycle. I used to complain about the $1500 invested in crash gear.
    That be worst than a nightmare, Clean and I almost got run over by two big Wis does while on our bicycles; but, almost is still safe even though
    the heart rate goes up for a while.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Happened so fast I didn't have time to be afraid. Breaking my right hand was a small price for going over the bars and sliding and rolling on the black top. I highly recommend ICON racing gear.

Ayn Rand
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Happened so fast I didn't have time to be afraid. Breaking my right hand was a small price for going over the bars and sliding and rolling on the black top. I highly recommend ICON racing gear.

Your story reminds me of a video i remembered seeing a while back, so i went and found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAjJ-g0UDw

It's a 6 minute video but get ready at the 30 second mark. It happens very fast and out of nowhere. They go back and show the small doe he hit at about the 3 minute mark. In between his buddies are going on about how lucky the guy was and they show the damage to his bike.
    They're riding sport bikes, (crotch rockets if you will), and there's a big group of them.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    This event forced me to learn to shoot left handed.

righthand_zpsde38c874.jpg

Ayn Rand
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,458 Senior Member
    Deer=1.......Driver= Dead

http://www.timesreporter.com/newsnow/x915435710/Man-killed-in-one-vehicle-crash-on-I-77

Deer around here are big, but still won't kill you in your car....... if you keep it on the road,
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson