Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

The solution to the Washington DC problem- - - - - -

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
We've got a bunch of dysfunctional crybabies inhabiting Washington- - - - -legislators, administrators, and judges- - - - - - -and they're screwing up the lives of the whole country!

Here's my suggestion for a possible solution to the problem. We've got an appropriate piece of territory out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean to relocate the whole bunch where they can do the least possible damage to the good people of this great country. It's accessible only by air or ship, and there's only a few telephone lines available!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnston_Atoll

Anybody else onboard with this idea?
:bang:
Jerry

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,198 Senior Member
    Just more garbage to pollute the Pacific!!
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    I don't know about that. I figure Scott Island might be even better.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Island
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,593 Senior Member
    I figure that Fat Man or Little Boy would solve the problem. You dont kill a wart by cutting off the top, you have to eliminate the root.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,221 Senior Member
    Thank you very bloody much!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I get the pleasure of having that bunch of crooks in my back yard.?
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Thank you very bloody much!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I get the pleasure of having that bunch of crooks in my back yard.?

Average summer temp a little less than 0°C, down to -40°C in the winter.
    They won't be trouble for very long.....

Hey, maybe we could set up some cameras for a live feed online. So when some of them start cutting other Congressmen open and crawling inside for warmth, like Han did for Luke in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, we'll have front row seats.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep, Scott is an option, but Johnston is already on the target grid for "future nuke tests" - - - - -why freeze 'em when you can fry 'em?
    :devil:
    Jerry
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Send them all to Guam........with a little luck it will tip over...........
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,511 Senior Member
    avmech wrote: »
    Send them all to Guam........with a little luck it will tip over...........

Hey! My kid and his wife live there.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Bikini Atoll would be a good place for them. The residual radioactive waste there would maybe make them smarter, or kill them. Win-win either way.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,519 Senior Member
    better place... with their own kind:

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/snake-island-ilha-de-queimada-grande
    Off the shore of Brazil, almost 93 miles away from São Paulo downtown, is Ilha de Queimada Grande. The island is untouched by human developers, and for very good reason. Researchers estimate that on the island live between one and five snakes per square meter.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,550 Senior Member
    HEY!

Don't be dumping your trash in my back yard!

We already have wild pigs here. We don't need domesticated ones that can't take care of themselves.
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    I really don't care where y'all pick as long as the island is small enough that they have to take turns standing in waist deep water so we can surround it with sharks with frickin' lasers attached to their heads.

Oh and cold, bitter cold would be on the bonus plan. The more i think about Jerry's idea, if y'all found a place cold enough where they still had to stand in the water but they used Killer Whales with frickin' laser beams, plus there were polar bears on land. And snow snakes, lots and lots of snow snakes.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Hey! My kid and his wife live there.....

Sorry bout that! Guess the snake filled island off Brazil would be perfect then, just adding more snakes.
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Really, the production in DC should be turned over to "Ralph" the Wonder Llama.........he made a decent flick funny, so I'm sure he can clean up this mess.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    The only "Leaks" we would have to worry about would be from the Chemical Weapons stored there :roll2:

I knew an NCO who spent several years there, our NBC NCO at a unit in Germany in the 80s..the boy wasn't right upstairs, he would stand on a street corner downtown and stare at the stars for long periods of time with a look of fascination on his face :silly::silly:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,615 Senior Member
    I did a search for "most remote island" and Wiki coughed up Bouvet Island - an uninhabited Norwegian possession of the South Atlantic, which is 1404 miles away from the nearest inhabited land.

The same page also displays Tristan da Cunha as the most remote archipelago as being 1750 miles from South Africa and 2090 miles from South America. This place is inhabited by 270 people though, and we wouldn't want to impose on their peace and quiet with our problems.

There is also the Pacific pole of inaccessibility, also known as Point Nemo. This is the spot on Earth that is farthest from ANY land at all. It is 1670 miles away from a dry spot, in an area that is stated to be larger than the entire former USSR. I think this has real possibilities.

Actually, ANY of the poles of inaccessibility are quite promising: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_of_inaccessibility
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Big Chief wrote: »
    he would stand on a street corner downtown and stare at the stars for long periods of time with a look of fascination on his face :silly::silly:

I shared a barracks at Korat AFB Thailand with a bunch of guys who would do that, and all they needed to get that way was a few tokes of Thai Stick- - - - -$4.00 for a brick of 12!
    Jerry
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    You know it's funny you say that..........here in Denver we grow high-grade pot and beer..........both will stink up a neigborhood fast..........I've dabbled with the green in Amsterdam long ago........and it doesn't come close to stateside product, it blows it away...........there's a parody of the Charlie Daniel's song, Devil went down to Gerogia........it's funny as hell...........but what brings that up is the ref to SE Asian MJ .

You vets of that time make it sound like that stuff was heroin!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    You know it's funny you say that..........here in Denver we grow high-grade pot and beer..........both will stink up a neigborhood fast..........I've dabbled with the green in Amsterdam long ago........and it doesn't come close to stateside product, it blows it away...........there's a parody of the Charlie Daniel's song, Devil went down to Gerogia........it's funny as hell...........but what brings that up is the ref to SE Asian MJ .

You vets of that time make it sound like that stuff was heroin!

Do a little Google-Fu- - - -Thai Stick was weed from 20-something year old plants 10 feet tall that had been dropping leaves and re-fertilizing the plants for years- - - -raises the THC levels sky-high- - - -and then they laced it with black tar heroin. It got its name from the 1/4" diameter bamboo shoots it was wrapped on, a "stick" about 6 inches long, sold 12 to the brick. The Heroin was nasty over there, also, 90% concentration pure white powder sold in small glass vials. Too strong to inject, so people would wet the tip of a cigarette, dip it in the vial, and smoke it. Just as addictive that way, just not quite as deadly as mainlining.

Every generation is convinced they're the first ones to discover sex, drugs, and rock and roll- - - -the oldtimers who survived their coming of age could share some memories and help the young ones avoid a few pitfalls, if they were in a mood to listen- - - -like that's ever going to happen, right?
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Jerry, same thing along the Panama Canal Zone in the 1970's. The MJ 'plants' growing along the canal zone were more like TREES than plants. You couldn't reach around the trunk at waist height with both hands. The buds were enormous and covered in powder.

In the Med, the hashish oil from Morocco was pretty strong stuff, too. I knew guys that injected a little of it into a cigarette with a hypodermic needle and smoked it. They were wasted for hours.

At least LSD isn't near the problem it used to be. Lots of that stuff way back when was bad stuff, and screwed up a lot of people, along with the ones that just had 'bad trips' and either committed suicide or never got over it.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams