Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Property rights take another hit

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
”In this case, the city of Seattle is using eminent domain to seize a parking lot, so they can use it as a parking lot,” said Glen Morgan of the Freedom Foundation,

http://q13fox.com/2013/10/22/103-year-old-ordered-to-sell-parking-lot/#axzz2iVbDb83S
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Pitiful.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    She should take them to court, and sue them for the $30 million. If I were on that jury I'd fight to see not only did she win, but got that amount as a minimum for the forced sale.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Although Seattle 's mayor and council are officially non-partisan, this is obviously another case of progressive Democrats doing what progressive Democrats do. Inside every liberal is a fascist screaming to get out.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,797 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Although Seattle 's mayor and council are officially non-partisan, this is obviously another case of progressive Democrats doing what progressive Democrats do. Inside every liberal is a fascist screaming to get out.
    Mind if I quote this sometimes?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,559 Senior Member
    Actually, this would probably be more of communism: government appropriation of private property.
    Fascism would be the giving of government property to one or two powerful private owners....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Mind if I quote this sometimes?

Be my guest. It's a slight twist on a phrase coined by N. A. Halkides in his essay "Inside The Progressive Mind." He uses 'totalitarian' in place of fascist. H. L. Menken also saw through the smokescreen of liberal compassion when he said, "The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." As did President Ronald Reagan when he warned Americans about, "we're from the government, we're here to help." RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!