How does YOUR state rank...

horselipshorselips Senior MemberPosts: 3,628 Senior Member
...for Concealed Carry?

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/10/24/best-concealed-carry-states-2013-text-only/#ixzz2j7hTtOSg

Needless to say, Arizona ranks FIRST, buy you'd be surprised how far DOWN on the list some states you might have thought were really gun-friendly are, and how HIGH some eastern, even northeastern states are. Enjoy.

Replies

• Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    I'm not a democrat nor am I an actor ...so I'm pretty well screwed here in lala land.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    The Great Commonwealth of Virginia ranks #11 in this list, and I am proud to be a lifelong resident. Terry McAwful better watch his step come next Tuesday; there is more to this state than Fairfax County...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,983 Senior Member
    The report was dtd 24 Oct, but, probably used dtd info since we had major favorable changes effective 1 Oct.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,812 Senior Member
    Idaho is 31 on CCW and 32 on the "Best States" list. Then I read the criteria for the judging. In part, states are scored by how many other states honor their CCPs.

IMO, that criteria should negate points from the state that doesn't honor a neighboring state's permit, not deduce points from the shall issue state.

As someone that lives in Idaho, and works in Washington, I am surprised that Washington scored higher than Idaho, esp in the Misc Category. Seattle and Olympia are rabidly anti gun, constantly producing restrictive legislation, harassing gun owners, and ignoring state preemption.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,075 Senior Member
    Being second to last, only slightly better than DC is sorta like not ACTUALLY being the worst team in the league because you have managed to win ONE game.
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • HDKorpHDKorp Member Posts: 70 Member
    Well, Illinois was 42nd.

It could be worse. We're not the fat kid that didn't get picked at dodgeball.
    - Colt Cobra .38 Special, Walther P38 9mm, Para USA 1911 GI Expert Stainless .45ACP
    - Ithaca Model 72 Lever Action .22LR, Remington 11-87 Semi-auto 12-Gauge, Remington 870 Express Super Magnum 12-Gauge Pump Shotgun/Slug Combo
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    I'm not buying those stats. If you don't live in a large population center you can get a gun permit.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,075 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    I'm not buying those stats. If you don't live in a large population center you can get a gun permit.

Do you know what the definition of large population is?

If it's the "less than 200,000 in the county" that I think it is…I'm still screwed.
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    As someone that lives in Idaho, and works in Washington, I am surprised that Washington scored higher than Idaho, esp in the Misc Category. Seattle and Olympia are rabidly anti gun, constantly producing restrictive legislation, harassing gun owners, and ignoring state preemption.

The state preemption has proven quite useful in recent cases. Also, the lack of a requirement for a class, and the relatively low cost of a 5 year license is pretty good.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,812 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    The state preemption has proven quite useful in recent cases. Also, the lack of a requirement for a class, and the relatively low cost of a 5 year license is pretty good.

That's what I don't understand. WA has no class requirement, but doesn't honor ID's permits that require a class to obtain. :uhm:
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Oregon's restrictions are more strict than ours as well, but I have to disarm when I drive through on my way to ID and Utah. Annoying, to say the least.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,552 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    That's what I don't understand. WA has no class requirement, but doesn't honor ID's permits that require a class to obtain. :uhm:
    If it is like PA, the state only gives reciprocity to states that accept our permit. PA would rank higher but because the states that add the cost and obligation to their citizens will not accept ours, so we dont accept theirs.

Thats why its called reciprocity.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,100 Senior Member
    Mine does pretty good:tooth:
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"