Bedding down for the night

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,583 Senior Member
A pic of the front yard, these are not huntable; just pets.

A88CCC36-DC7B-4610-A382-D881DAABA7EB-842-000001D5DAD93037_zps5d60dd70.jpg
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    Why not? I don't see collars on 'em....lol
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    The pic is dark on my end but the ears look like Mule Deer. I see you're in TX though. We had deer all over us this Summer. Bedding in the front yard, bucks in velvet, you name it. I almost started a thread on would it be ethical to hunt such tame deer. But as cpj suggested they "got the memo".
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You takin lessons from WMG?

Sure there's deer there Tim, sure there are. :tooth:

Really......they are there...... I promise......:jester:
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    The pic is dark on my end but the ears look like Mule Deer. I see you're in TX though. We had deer all over us this Summer. Bedding in the front yard, bucks in velvet, you name it. I almost started a thread on would it be ethical to hunt such tame deer. But as cpj suggested they "got the memo".

I wouldn't have a problem with it but the wife would and I make it a policy to never make someone mad you have to close your eyes around!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,669 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a problem with it but the wife would and I make it a policy to never make someone mad you have to close your eyes around!
    That's why I like my wife better :tooth:
    The other day she walked through the kitchen and happened to look out the window and saw a deer in the back yard. Her response? Tell me, "Grab your bow, there's a deer out back"

Unfortunately, it left before i could get outside with the loaded crossbow :(
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    Deer yard pets bring ticks.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    NN wrote: »
    Deer yard pets bring ticks.

That the odd thing around here, no fleas and no ticks. You would think with all the deer we would have them.
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    In the wise words of the great sage Jase Robertson, "If it has a name, it's a pet. If it doesn't, it's food....."
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    Just don't close your eyes to sleep until after you chloroform your wife.....;-)
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,666 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    That the odd thing around here, no fleas and no ticks. You would think with all the deer we would have them.

Fire Ants eat 'em. One of the few plusses to that huge minus
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov