Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Walnuts are DRUGS

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,941 Senior Member
    Awwwww NUTS! Sounds like typical Obummer police state B.S. It's been known for years that some nuts contain health benefits. I really haven't looked up the laws concerning claims of health benefits printed on packages but do know several manufacturers have gotten in trouble over the years for doing so.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Duuuuuuude. I have two drug trees in my backyard. No WONDER the squirrels won't stay off my property!
    The rotten little junkies, you should do something about them, after all, its for the children!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    A quote from the linked article:

"“The FDA’s language,” Faloon writes, “resembles that of an out-of-control police state where tyranny [reigns] over rationality.”
    That about sums it up nicely. It would be interesting to know of The Diamond Nut co's political leanings, if any and what political contributions they may have made and to whom.

They may want to contact the Gibson Guitar co for attorney recommendations.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    Duuuuuuude. I have two drug trees in my backyard. No WONDER the squirrels won't stay off my property!
    Dey' be da' junkies frum da' 'hood....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    My nuts bring the squirrels to the yard.

Since you can't shoot 'em in the yard would you like to know how to catch them live in 4" DWV PVC pipe? :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    While I can shoot them with my pellet gun, and I have to give them a pass till they finish cleaning up the "drugs" in my yard....OF COURSE I want to know how to catch them in PVC pipe. I mean, does a bear crap In the woods?

O.K. I'll do a quick sketch on MSPaint and put it on here. It's so simple a redneck ainganeer like you will kick yourself for not thinking of it. Works on rats, too.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    Now I know why my dad goes around every year at this time and picks up all the walnuts he can find. He even has a sheller for them. Says he is putting them up for the squirrels, now I wonder.
    If walnuts are drugs,
    then I'm sitting on a black walnut gold mine! Woo Hoo!!!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    My nuts bring all the squirrels to the yard.

I could teach you but I have to charge.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Taken from the article:

The FDA’s letter continues: “We have determined that your walnut products are promoted for conditions that cause them to be drugs because these products are intended for use in the prevention, mitigation, and treatment of disease.” Furthermore, the products are also “misbranded” because they “are offered for conditions that are not amenable to self-diagnosis and treatment by individuals who are not medical practitioners; therefore, adequate directions for use cannot be written so that a layperson can use these drugs safely for their intended purposes.” Who knew you had to have directions to eat walnuts?

I wonder if the folks at General Mills are paying attention? Watch out Cheerios, You're next!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    The problem with the FDA and all those other alphabet soup departments, bureaus, agencies, et al in D.C. is that they promulgate regulations that have the force of law. Only Congress can pass law and it only becomes law when signed by the president. Congress needs to heave up off their dead rear ends and onto their dying feet and reign in all of that alphabet soup mess. Besides the FDA, there are several more that need to be laid waste and rebuilt from the ground up.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Ovomit and his minions have been very effective in using these agencies to stifle freedom. This Walnut crap is just the latest in that effort.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    While I can shoot them with my pellet gun, and I have to give them a pass till they finish cleaning up the "drugs" in my yard....OF COURSE I want to know how to catch them in PVC pipe. I mean, does a bear crap In the woods?

Still waiting on that Moisin-Nagant .44 shot shell range report.....
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member

So even with a crack farm for squirrels in your back yard you are still only 3 squirrel Chris? :jester:
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,899 Senior Member
    OMG they have been saying MILK does a body good for how long now? dont see any warnings on that bottle
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    We learned awhile back that ketchup is a vegetable. Why not walnuts a drug. "What difference does it make?"
    If you eat a bagel with poppy seeds on it, it is possible to get a positive for opiates on a drug test.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Never, in a million years, would have I expected YOU to get that.

I sir am a multi faceted individual! Even us old guys thump once in a while! :cool2:
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    If you eat a bagel with poppy seeds on it, it is possible to get a positive for opiates on a drug test.

That reminds me of something funny that happened at the nuke plant. We had a big company cookout at work for getting through with the refueling outage under budget and a week early. They had hamburgers and hot dogs 'n' stuff, and the buns for both had poppy seeds on them. We also had 'random drug testing'. EVERYBODY that got popped with the random test that day was positive for opiates! :rotflmao:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,705 Senior Member
    That has happened
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    tennmike wrote: »
    If walnuts are drugs,
    then I'm sitting on a black walnut gold mine! Woo Hoo!!!

I used to go nuts over black walnuts, but, they are a lot of work
    pecans are easier.

chop up a bunch of picked walnuts.
    separate the yoke from a couple eggs.
    get some nice thick fish filets and skin them
    wash the fish in the egg white
    roll and coat the fish in the chopped nuts
    fry gently so as not to knock the nuts off the fish

That could be called a drug.

Ambrosia or something.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member

SHHHHH! Don't give the FDA any ideas...
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 476 Member
    NN wrote: »

I'm still contemplating how one could knock the nuts off a fish. I am slow tho, that I admit.
    Their nutty fish, only live south of the Masson Dixon Line
    NN wrote: »
    I used to go nuts over black walnuts, but, they are a lot of work
    pecans are easier.

chop up a bunch of picked walnuts.
    separate the yoke from a couple eggs.
    get some nice thick fish filets and skin them
    wash the fish in the egg white
    roll and coat the fish in the chopped nuts

That could be called a drug.

Ambrosia or something.

I have done this with crappie. And it is a drug; it's like smoking crack. One fillet and you're hooked. Chopping the nutmeat fairly fine in a blender keeps the stuff on the fillets.

I've got a bunch of walnuts I picked up this fall in a steel drum with removable lid (to keep the thieving little bushytailed bandits out of them). I'll start de-hulling them in the cement mixer soon. Got to have some for baking Christmas goodies. A cupful of chopped black walnuts added to the frosting is beyond good. They are some work to get the nutmeat out of the shell, though. I crack them with a hammer on a cast iron tractor weight; it's sort of rectangular and has a depression on both sides that keeps any of the good stuff from escaping. I'm shooting for 4 quarts of hulled nutmeat; have to pick some more up to refill the barrel as I de-hull them.
    ― Douglas Adams