Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Hidden compartments...

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
...in cars are a felony in Ohio. Norman Gurley (that name sucked growing up) is facing 18 months is prison for a secret compartment. No drugs, just the compartment. WTH? I guess it didn't occur to the drug warriors that there are legitimate reasons for hidden compartments, or that some poor bastard might buy a used car with one already installed. I may or may not have a secret compartment in my car to secure my pistol when I have to leave it behind.

http://www.morningjournal.com/general-news/20131122/first-hidden-compartment-arrest-made-in-northeast-ohio
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    My 2005 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab has a factory hidden compartment under the back seat.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    My secret compartment in my car is empty looking bank deposit bag. Hope the robber doesn't notice my hand is inside the bag when I hand it to them. A 44 spl 185 gr Hornady Critical Defense and 4 of his brothers are waiting to make a deposit. :guns: Later,

PS The map pocket behind the passenger seat it a great secret compartment installed by the factory.
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    ... is facing 18 months is prison for a secret compartment.

BigDanS wrote: »
    My 2005 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab has a factory hidden compartment under the back seat.

D

Not much of a 'secret compartment', every '2005 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab' owner knew.:uhm:

I do now.:jester: