Homeowner Fires Shotgun At Burglars

BakermanBakerman MemberPosts: 382 Member
Homeowner Fires Shotgun At Burglars
Shooting Occurs About 1 A.M. At Murray Hill Home

POSTED: Wednesday, September 14, 2011

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Homicide detectives say a Murray Hill homeowner fired bird shot at two burglars at his window about 1 a.m. Wednesday.

According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, the homeowner fired one shotgun round at Cedrick Williams, 19, and Troy Alexander, 16, at the home in the 4700 block of Ramona Boulevard.

Police said the teenagers showed up at a home on College Street to say they were shot and needed help. According to police, they told arriving officers they were shot by two men who stole their bicycle and shot them.

While questioning the two, officers learned they were probably connected to the burglary with shots fired less than two blocks away.

Alexander had injuries to his face and neck, and Williams had gunshot wounds to his left hand. They both were taken to Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, where Alexander was admitted with life-threatening injuries. Williams was treated and released and booked into the Duval County Jail. "

http://www.news4jax.com/news/29178842/detail.html

Read more in the link.
Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman

Replies

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Good for him!! I'm glad the homeowner wasn't injured in this burglary attempt. All too often, break-in's like this attempt result in the homeowners being beaten badly. Hopefully the two thugs will learn something from this and change their ways... probably not, but we can always hope.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    My Uncle did something like that once, a guy was trying to pry a window open, it was already partly open at the top, and My Uncle poked a .410 shotgun loaded with #7 shot and fired above the guys head with great results, the guy fell / stumbled and slammed his way down 5 landings of a rather long metal fire-escape, yelling in pain all the way. :applause:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,750 Senior Member
    Give that man a ceegar..........and a case of #1 buck.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270