Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

George Zimmerman charged with assault and battery after disturbance call

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
If true, this :conehead::conehead: may be found guilty of domestic abuse and lose his RKBA and the ability to defend himself with a gun. If I was him I'd be extra careful to avoid any and all run-ins with the law.

I agree with the jury finding him not guilty o0f murder/wrongdoing in the TM case, but I think he needs professional help and there are plenty out there who would love to hear he is unarmed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/19/george-zimmerman-arrested-in-florida-after-disturbance-call/?intcmp=latestnews
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Were I him, I'd find myself a cozy little corner of nowhere and lose myself there. I would also avoid those crazy little things that attract unwanted attention. I'm starting to wonder if he thinks he's invincible, or if maybe he has some sort of death wish. Keeping his head down is apparently NOT on the agenda.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    I agree with his acquittal, but the guys' an idiot.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,144 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I would also avoid those crazy little things that attract unwanted attention.

With George, the crazy seems to be coming with Women. he should stay away from those things.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Right Wrong Smart or Dumb, I believe charges will keep following George Z until he is locked up. He is either a total idiot or there is more behind the scenes stuff going on to "get him" than we would ever want to believe.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    I agree with his acquittal, but the guys' an idiot.

:that: This....I said at the outset of the Zimmerman saga that the guy was an idiot. Since his acquittal he has proved that beyond the shadow of a doubt...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Definitely guilty of being an idiot. I see that his attorney, Mark O'Mara (who did an awesome job of saving his butt) is no longer representing him either. This idiot shouldn't be making any news, but there he is, for the umpteenth time now.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    With George, the crazy seems to be coming with Women. he should stay away from those things.

:agree: He's making bad choices.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Shooter13Shooter13 Member Posts: 125 Member
    So now Zimmerman is in jail for pointing a shotgun at his girl friend!! Before that he got in trouble for pointing a gun at his ex-wife!! This guy is looking more and more like a he's guilty of murdering Treyvon, this guy is a psychopath!!

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/new-allegation-made-against-zimmerman-in-court
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I still believe Martin was a legitimate, good shoot, but something has gotten into Zimmerman's head. He's had two "ergot in the rye" moments so far, maybe it's time for a shrink. For sure, we should all advise our daughters not to date him.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    I still believe Martin was a legitimate, good shoot, but something has gotten into Zimmerman's head. He's had two "ergot in the rye" moments so far, maybe it's time for a shrink. For sure, we should all advise our daughters not to date him.

Since his acquittal he seems to have this "ten foot tall and bulletproof thing going" the guys is a freaking tool
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Shooter13Shooter13 Member Posts: 125 Member
    I don't know the more trouble he gets into the more it sounds like he likes to play the victim and use it to his advantage.. To me anyways it looks like he picked a fight with the wrong guy (Treyvon) and when he started losing the fight he shot him and played the victim..
    Only an opinion so don't go crazy on me.. Only two people know what happened that night and Zimmerman just looks alot less like a victim..
    There are already conflicting reports as to what happened: http://www.weerdworld.com/2013/george-zimmerman-it-was-the-ex-wife/
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Another "ergot in the rye" moment for George.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,156 Senior Member
    Moron..... only reason she was with him in the first place is so she can be on Jerry Springer.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Moron..... only reason she was with him in the first place is so she can be on Jerry Springer.
    \

PICARD: Orders to find a quiet corner of North America and ...stay out of history's way.

Sound advice.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    That idiot has also been busted for speeding in both FL and TX too, not uncommon.....but he doesn't know how to keep a low profile.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Agree with all of the above. Stupid is as stupid does. :nono: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    I don't usually sympathize with people who are accused of murder, but in this case I think Zimmerman needs some. First off he was railroaded by the state of Florida with a murder charge that never should have happened under current law. It was only because of pressure from liberals, media and black hostiles that he was even charged. His trial proved that the special prosecutor and the prosecuting attorney were both corrupt by withholding crucial information from the defense. Luckily for him, jury found not guilty anyway. Someone from the public wrote to the Orlando Sentinel in the commentary section in today's paper that among other things, George Zimmerman is suffering from PTSD. I think that is true, in light of the fact that he was put through a hellish nightmare by this entire episode. Over a year of uncertainty, harassment by the media, constant death threats from dangerous people like the Black Panthers and others, and chronic family problems all contributed to this guy losing it in the end. The letter writer suggested that he undergo psychiatric therapy for PTSD and I agree with this assessment.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    I don't usually sympathize with people who are accused of murder, but in this case I think Zimmerman needs some. First off he was railroaded by the state of Florida with a murder charge that never should have happened under current law. It was only because of pressure from liberals, media and black hostiles that he was even charged. His trial proved that the special prosecutor and the prosecuting attorney were both corrupt by withholding crucial information from the defense. Luckily for him, jury found not guilty anyway. Someone from the public wrote to the Orlando Sentinel in the commentary section in today's paper that among other things, George Zimmerman is suffering from PTSD. I think that is true, in light of the fact that he was put through a hellish nightmare by this entire episode. Over a year of uncertainty, harassment by the media, constant death threats from dangerous people like the Black Panthers and others, and chronic family problems all contributed to this guy losing it in the end. The letter writer suggested that he undergo psychiatric therapy for PTSD and I agree with this assessment.

:that:

He might be an idiot but I believe every time he gets in an argument the other person is going to accuse him of pulling a gun.
    Heck, nobody else in the world ends up on the news for a speeding ticket, what was that all about?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    The first event after the trial that was in the news, he was a good samaritan who pulled someone from an over turned pickup truck, possibly saving his life. two speeding tickets and 2 family disturbances later we have what we have now. I think he needs to change his name, move out of Florida and start over somewhere else, stay away from guns, but get therapy in the meantime.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 379 Member

Truck
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
    This probably didn't make the national news, but in yesterday's Orlando Sentinel George Zimmerman's girlfriend officially recanted her original accusation of gun threats and destruction of property by G.Z. She say's "she wants to be with him" and that her original statement was coerced from her by the Seminole County Sheriff's office, that her 911 call was misunderstood by the 911 operator and she wants to withdraw the charges. Prosecutors are now trying to decide what to do with this case. I thought it was pretty interesting.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Obviously George is clueless about women and courtship, he has nothing but bad luck with them. As a last resort he should try a bromance or just get a dog, and live quietly, happily, ever after.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,708 Senior Member
    There must be consequences!
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    horselips wrote: »
    Obviously George is clueless about women and courtship,

Further evidence of the axiom: Don't "sleep with" crazy.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    In the trial after the gunfight at the OK corral the judge said the Earps committed injudicious and censurable acts but did not do anything illegal. Same with Mr. Zimmerman but if you continue to commit those acts then the cops start to notice. Even more now.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    In the trial after the gunfight at the OK corral the judge said the Earps committed injudicious and censurable acts but did not do anything illegal. Same with Mr. Zimmerman but if you continue to commit those acts then the cops start to notice. Even more now.

I forget, just how many SECOND chances did curious George get now? After they dropped the charges this time, I wonder if he'll try to make himself small and not draw attention to himself?
  • redsoxredsox New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Florida is a stinker when it comes to CCW infractions, and one of the most serious is Domestic Battery. Hes had more than enough chances I watched his trial every day ( broken leg) and being just up the street in Jacksonville I had folks at the local ranges who drove down to stare. He should lose his CCW if guilty and frankly hes an embarrassment- like my dim brother in law
  • JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 156 Member
    The latest issue of American handgunner magazine has a good article on the Zimmermann case by M Ayoob. It has:
    Zimmermann is 1/8th Black on his mothers side. In the days of Jim Crow he would considered a Black man.

Martin was one really bad teenage punk with a history of drug use, fighting, bad behavior and he also tried to buy a gun.

He goes on talk about how Zimmermann was railroaded ect.