Home Main Category Clubhouse

Pictures of our Marine home for Christmas......

Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior MemberPosts: 733 Senior Member
Grandma finally got it together and got a couple of pictures to share. His surprise return for Christmas got away with me so badly Sunday I absolutely forgot to get his picture! (I have disgraced myself as a Grandma, but am atoning for those that wanted to see him.)

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    OOOORAW

Nice decorations Mary.

Gun off the mantel, o o oh :nono:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    Nice looking young man :iwo:
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    :usa:
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    WOW He sure has grown up since we met him. You and Mr Jerry have a right to be proud.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :usa:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,026 Senior Member
    Semper Fi, bro!

Oh....Merry Christmas, too.

I recall Christmas Day at MCRD, San Diego in 1977. The barracks had a TV mounted on the wall that had not been turned on as long as I'd been there, which was since the first week of October. After breakfast on Christmas Day, our Senior DI gave us the choice of either watching TV or doing drill. Well, after three months of marching, it's not hard to figure out what we chose.

The DI told us to assemble in the "classroom" (an open area at the end of the squad bay where the TV was mounted) and told us to "assume the position" (sitting at attention crosslegged on the tile floor) and watch TV. Which we did, for the next four hours. He never turned the TV on. We watched a blank screen for the entire time.

After lunch, the SDI again gave us the choice of drill or watching more TV. We marched till almost sundown.

Good times.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    Semper Fi, bro!

Mike

:rotflmao:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Yup! That's the rusty headed kid I remember, except he looks more like a man now, than a kid!! But still rusty!!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Yep, that's him! He looks sort of unnatural without a firearm within reach, either holding it or working on it, though!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams