Home Main Category Hunting

Getting to be that time of year....

bklysenbklysen MemberPosts: 476 Member
The air has begun to look and smell a little different. Acorns have been falling for quite a while....critters are behaving a little differently. I have plenty of freezer space.....

That 'itch' is upon me.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,923 Senior Member
    Same here...starting to get a little color down in the bottoms, chilly nights...deer all over the place...gonna start on coyotes here pretty soon...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 476 Member
    Indeed, .45-sized holes in things has me thinking about recipes....

And as far as the coyote hunting goes, I may (will) be leaning on you guys for some input. I'm still as green as can be when it comes to figuring out those guys. But, that's for another thread.

editing myself is the norm.....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,628 Senior Member
    My buddy arrowed this one tonight.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,038 Senior Member
    bklysen wrote: »
    The air has begun to look ...... a little different. .

I know what you mean. You'd notice it in the fall a little back in Louisiana, but here in Colorado it's really pronounced, and it happens without warning. Just one morning toward the end of summer you wake up and the light is softer...sort of golden. Mornings are when you usually see it best, but around here occasionally it'll stay that way all day. I guess it may be the changing sun angle, but that doesn't explain the suddeness of the change from one day to the next.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Yes, the air is changing and my mood is changing along with the approaching fall, what a wonderful time of the year.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    I know what you mean. You'd notice it in the fall a little back in Louisiana, but here in Colorado it's really pronounced, and it happens without warning. Just one morning toward the end of summer you wake up and the light is softer...sort of golden. Mornings are when you usually see it best, but around here occasionally it'll stay that way all day. I guess it may be the changing sun angle, but that doesn't explain the suddeness of the change from one day to the next.

Mike

Still getting used to it, ain't ya? LOL Kind of like how its a crisp, grey, lovely fall day....then tomorrow there is several feet of snow.....then 3 days later its 65, sunny and not a cloud in the sky
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,923 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Indeed. Its time to kill something.

Need some 405's?

Nope, but thanks, got plenty...for this early season stuff I'll be using the .223 AR Things happen pretty fast an furious. I've got the one for the .45-70 all planned out...it's gonna be a cold morning, enough so you can see your breath, at the tail end of autumn, and he's gonna be a big old gray male standing on the pond dam, the morning sun is going to highlight him against the willows...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »

OMG... tell that guy he sucks!!! :tooth: NICE BUCK!!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »

Much envy here.....Truth be told, I'll send an arrow through one a lot smaller and a lot less 'male'. I like meat.

But seriously, tell your buddy congrats. :up:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    I think summer is comming back here.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    Ned, I think your world done gone upside down. Anxious to come back up here for a little snow? We'll do our best to get ya some. :wink:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,628 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    OMG... tell that guy he sucks!!! :tooth: NICE BUCK!!

Luis
    bklysen wrote: »
    Much envy here.....Truth be told, I'll send an arrow through one a lot smaller and a lot less 'male'. I like meat.

But seriously, tell your buddy congrats. :up:

He is a pretty serious hunter of whitetails, I will try and get a picture of the "shed" at the sporting clays range he runs in his spare time, about a dozen nice mounts.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,575 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »

Need some 405's?

Yes.