Home Main Category Hunting

Black rhino hunting permit auctioned for $350G; proceeds will go to conservation effo

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,563 Senior Member
    I'm not for it, but is what it is.

Everyone is crying because of this one auction in the US, but Namibia has five auctions per year to kill a black rhino. The only ones making a spectacle is the media.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,682 Senior Member
    It's a non-breeding bull, not contributing to the perpetuation of the species but eating just as much as a rhino that does.....not a big deal...it's going to die anyway...so if his death helps the species pay it's way in this hard world, it's a no-brainer....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    This is good.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,208 Senior Member
    I don't see a problem with it.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    I heard you could hunt poachers for free. That might be better. :up: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,008 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with it.

Except for the supposed death threats because of the auction.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ''despite their insistence that the auction's proceeds would go toward conservation efforts.''

If you believe this give me a call, I have a bridge for sale.

PS
    Or drug beast, cut off horn, sell horn, let beast wake up with bad head.
    Since we are dealing with an African government, there is a distinct possibility that this rhino will turn into some despots new Rolls Royce....However it's a sad fact that if African wildlife doesn't pay it's own way...there won't be any African wildlife...

I'm getting a good idea of what it takes to manage a herd of large critters by my work with Bison. Even though they are magnificent animals in their own right, they still have to pay their way....
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Since we are dealing with an African government, there is a distinct possibility that this rhino will turn into some despots new Rolls Royce....However it's a sad fact that if African wildlife doesn't pay it's own way...there won't be any African wildlife...

I'm getting a good idea of what it takes to manage a herd of large critters by my work with Bison. Even though they are magnificent animals in their own right, they still have to pay their way....

Very well said from a guy, (you), who's been there and got the T shirt. This is a tempest in a teapot. These groups, PETA, GLAAD, what have you. Or in this case HSUS, sit around waiting to be offended.
    Their standard press releases are in a drawer needing only the names of offenders to be filled in before they fire them off to the media. Which of course if it bleeds it leads, they broadcast it.
    I have to wonder if that guy who brought his kids all the way from Atlanta eats store bought meat.
    Meat which never had the chance this rhino or your Bison have.

And btw let us not mistake HSUS from your local Humane Societies. They do great work. We just adopted a pup from one in Oxford, MS of all places.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I am for it, not just because it will give the greenies an upset tummy.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,447 Senior Member
    If I had that kind of disposable income, I'd be ALL over it.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    This is purely (OK all y'all here that don't like this word cover your eyes) LIBTARD!!! This is Libtard at its best, libtard to the MAX!!! The damn thing is dying. The government of the country needs the money to further wildlife conservation. What pray tell is the problem here? This is not a bunch of Poachers. This is being done by people trying to manage the country's wildlife, not shoot them into extinction. I remember when Aligator hunting was first re-instated here in Texas. At first, it was slow and only a relative few permints were issued. Then boom, we turned around and aligators were becoming so numerous they were and are still a nuisance. I'm not saying that this is the same type example as the alligator, but it's similar in that when they first opened hunting of them back here in Texas there were very limited permits and size limitations were strict. They aren't opening the hunting of the black rhino up to the masses.

This sounds like the Have Nots, crying because only the haves can have a shot at hunting this animal to me.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    ...... The damn thing is dying.

Of old age, snake.:nono:

Please do not tell my young bride that,

'' .... old, male and nonbreeding -- was becoming aggressive and threatening other wildlife.''

is a good excuse to auction me off.:yikes:
    shush wrote: »
    Of old age, snake.:nono:

Ain't nothing kind about dying of old age in the wild....mostly they starve to death...
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Corey Knowlton is a good guy... I hope he slams a giant!!!