Home Main Category Personal Defense

Another new ammo concept

bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior MemberPosts: 2,590 Senior Member
This one purports to split into 3 pieces upon leaving the barrel, with the 3 pieces connected by a "ballistic-strength fiber". Another answer to a question no one asked?
http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/30/smallbusiness/multiple-impact-bullet/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

Replies

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Does it come with a "Bat Belt"? :roll:
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Somewhere I have some "Multi-Ball" .38 spl ammo. Two round lead balls in a .38 round and 3 in a .357 mag round. It is packaged in 20 round boxes.

The box says "For Law Enforcement Use Only" or some such nonsense. It was available to the general public as well. I reckon the idy never worked out and it really never caught on. I used some of it to play a joke on friends at a range and told them I could put two holes in the paper with just one shot!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,117 Senior Member
    Hmmmmmmm Chain shot for a handgun.....whoda thunk it....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Ok.........so this guy invented the round cause he was a lousy shot?
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    So if you hit a branch or pipe on the way to the TGT does it swing around and come back?

Maybe it would work for sawing off tree limbs or work for harvesting mistletoe.