Home Main Category Personal Defense

Concealed Carry While Running

LeadbetterLeadbetter New MemberPosts: 5 New Member
I have a question for you guys, but before I get to that, I just want to say that, I've been reading a lot in this forum over that last several months and have found it to be very informative as well as entertaining. I appreciate the knowledge and diverse opinions that you guys share.

I'm kind of a fitness nut and one of the things I do is run...mostly on trails where it's just me, but sometimes in areas where there a quite a few other people around. In daily life I carry all the time, except when I'm running. I'd like to be able to carry then as well, but I have not seen many options for holsters that look like they would work well for running.

A little more info. I'm not a big guy -- 5' 7", 150 lbs and would most likely carry something smaller when running, like my Sig P938 with an extended magazine. Summer running attire - running shorts/t-shirt. Winter - running pants, t-shirt with heavier overshirt, jacket, etc., based on the weather.

Any thoughts on methods of carry/holsters that you guys are willing to share are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,201 Senior Member
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,117 Senior Member
    An AR carbine slung diagonally across your back will work.....Just sayin.... Probably keep people from messing with you altogether...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Play around with it, man sack, fannypack, or belt holster. one of those will work with the right weight handgun.

Welcome aboard
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,464 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    These seem to be designed specifically for running.

http://www.pistolwear.com/holsters/

I like those bands, Eli!!!! Not the under arm one, though. That would rub too much as the arm swings.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    I like those bands, Eli!!!! Not the under arm one, though. That would rub too much as the arm swings.

Glad to be of help....buy one and tell us how it is......ya know, cause I might want to get one for running as well. :tooth:
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,464 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    Glad to be of help....buy one and tell us how it is......ya know, cause I might want to get one for running as well. :tooth:

I better hurry up then!

:wink:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • LeadbetterLeadbetter New Member Posts: 5 New Member
    Thanks Guys for all the suggestions. From the descriptions and pics I've seen, I'm partial to the bands i.e. Belly Band, but might modify it with some sort of retention strap in case I take a tumble. Not that I fall often, but sometimes I run pretty rugged trails.

The Pro Jogger looks interesting as well, although maybe a little big. I suspect I could get my 1911 in that without any problem.

Of all the suggestions, I like the one from Jayhawker the best. How I would love to run with my carbine strapped across my back. I could probably do it in some of the places I run, but in others, I suspect I would create quite a stir... :silly:

I'll report back out on what I get and how it works out, just in case anyone else wants to give it a go. Thanks again...LB
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Interesting stuff suggested here, but, I'll leave the running to you kids.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    This goes along with a good gun selection. I cannot think of a better application for an LCP.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    BLOODY NIPPLES! No really, I've had them just from my shirt rubbing during a marathon. It would seem a very logical conclusion that what ever you use should be supremely tested and comfortable. Let me know what you come up with after the rejects have been weeded out.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    I had to quit running because of knee problems. When I jog, my package slaps against my knees and causes injury.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I had to quit running because of knee problems. When I jog, my package slaps against my knees and causes injury.

Ah. UPS?
  • topguntopgun Member Posts: 128 Member
    Leadbetter wrote: »
    I have a question for you guys, but before I get to that, I just want to say that, I've been reading a lot in this forum over that last several months and have found it to be very informative as well as entertaining. I appreciate the knowledge and diverse opinions that you guys share.

I'm kind of a fitness nut and one of the things I do is run...mostly on trails where it's just me, but sometimes in areas where there a quite a few other people around. In daily life I carry all the time, except when I'm running. I'd like to be able to carry then as well, but I have not seen many options for holsters that look like they would work well for running.

A little more info. I'm not a big guy -- 5' 7", 150 lbs and would most likely carry something smaller when running, like my Sig P938 with an extended magazine. Summer running attire - running shorts/t-shirt. Winter - running pants, t-shirt with heavier overshirt, jacket, etc., based on the weather.

Any thoughts on methods of carry/holsters that you guys are willing to share are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

If you're carrying, there's no need to run.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    A weapon is for circumstances when you can't run.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.