Home Main Category Personal Defense

Time for an honest discussioin on Glock pistols

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,595 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    A major was bored late at night and had duty in Ops Center in Germany, he was twirling his loaded .45 around and it went off and blew a hole through an expensive STU Secure telephone.
    Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot!

Was he twirling it by the trigger guard?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot!

Was he twirling it by the trigger guard?

Yes, earlier, but he had to have chambered a round, left the safety off and depressed the grip safety in order for it to fire.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Yes, earlier, but he had to have chambered a round, left the safety off and depressed the grip safety in order for it to fire.

Unless it was a Glock... :devil:

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Unless it was a Glock... :devil:

Hey, that would have discharged at the first twirl....like Wambli said UNFORGIVING :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Hey, that would have discharged at the first twirl....like Wambli said UNFORGIVING :tooth:
    Exactly - thus Darwinism is allowed to work! I think I'm liking Glocks more now that I've thought of it this way! :guns:

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,859 Senior Member
    You can't fix stupid...
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    But stupid sometimes fixes itself.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    When its allowed to.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    Once I find a proper 10mm pistol, I'm through with Glocks.
    NN wrote: »
    Once I find a proper 10mm pistol, I'm through with Glocks.
    If memory serves, Glock makes a 10mm....

If memory serves, Glock makes a 10mm....
    Very good Klinger, but, it is a Glock
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member

I saw a sweet looking S&W revolver in 10mm at the last gunshow I went to.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    Can't have everything! :roll2:

Wambli Ska wrote: »
    That would be the 610, which at this point seems to be reaching cult status. One of S&W finest firearms that for some reason never took off. By any chance do you remember what they wanted for it? I'm curious...

I'm sorry I don't. But I told my BIL about it, he lives in CA and he told me if I saw another one to buy it and he would pay up to a grand for it.
  • VargetVarget Member Posts: 99 Member
    I'm sorry I don't. But I told my BIL about it, he lives in CA and he told me if I saw another one to buy it and he would pay up to a grand for it.

I guarantee over a grand, those S&W 610's are outrageous anymore
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    I believe NN has a 610. What he means by "pistol" is a bottomfeeder, aka semiautomatic pistol.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    Varget wrote: »

This one went for $1100

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1900073/detroit-michigan-handguns-for-sale--excellent-smith---wesson-610--3-10mm-revolver-s-w
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    In my haid, I'm stuck on 80s/90s S&W prices, I keep thunking a good used S&W shouldn't be over $300-400 tops depending on the model.

I think in 2003 or so I did pay an outrageous amount for a S&W model 624 LINB with a 4" tube to go with its big brother with a 6 1/2" bbl. I think $400 cash.........................wow
    That's right Monkey Boy, been through the generic use of the word "pistol" and lit a fire under the purists on this forum. mocantina.gif

Now, when I use the word pistol it means pistol as in not a revolver and when I write clip I mean clip even if it holds 9mm, 10mm, .40, or .45acp ammo.
    Varget wrote: »
    Welcome aboard.

I paid $700 a few years ago, before they came out with that last run of 610s
    In my haid, I'm stuck on 80s/90s S&W prices, I keep thunking a good used S&W shouldn't be over $300-400 tops depending on the model.

I think in 2003 or so I did pay an outrageous amount for a S&W model 624 LINB with a 4" tube to go with its big brother with a 6 1/2" bbl. I think $400 cash.........................wow

I wish you were right, I'd own a lot more than I do. i just paid 700 for a 29-2. the last 29 I saw at an LGS was right at a grand. 989, I think.
  • VargetVarget Member Posts: 99 Member
    I wish you were right, I'd own a lot more than I do. i just paid 700 for a 29-2. the last 29 I saw at an LGS was right at a grand. 989, I think.
    You can't find a decent smith around here for less than 500 and depending on the model a lot more. My local shop has a nice 6 inch model 29 for 875 I think they are a good investment I remember those low prices and we won't see them again with smiths
    3&7/8 barrel would be sweet, but, $1100
    I'll use a 629.

well, the one I looked at had more of a snubbie type barrel. Plus it had that Dan Wesson type barrel shroud arrangement. with that nut type thing on the muzzle end. So, I'm like you, if I want a snappy handfull, I'll just use my 29
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,403 Senior Member
    Well......... I guess the XD's grip safety doesn't help.

http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20140206/NEWS/140209522
    The men were charged in connection with the theft of a Springfield Armory XD 9mm pistol from a man's car early Jan. 30.

The following day, a woman went to the police station to report that a firearm, which she believed to be stolen, had been fired inside her residence, according to Officer James Miller.

Miller said the brothers were identified and arrested a short time later, and a woman who was with them at the time told officers that the gun might be in her house, as she had picked them up the morning the gun was stolen.

Officers went to the woman's residence Saturday morning, where she located the gun, which was unloaded.

Those who testified at the preliminary hearing included the woman in whose residence the weapon had been fired, the woman in whose home the gun was located, and Miller.

"Everybody involved said it was an accidental discharge," Miller said. He added that no one was injured.

Read more: http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20140206/News/140209522#ixzz2sc8MXLGr
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Well......... I guess the XD's grip safety doesn't help.

http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20140206/NEWS/140209522

How so?
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 415 Member
    horselips wrote: »
    PROPHESY: Within 5 years, Glock will introduce a generation 5, 6 or whatever pistol with a frame mounted thumb safety, a grip safety, or a SA/DA mechanism complete with a de-cocker for its partially pre-cocked striker. Or, better yet, a combination of a grip safety and either one of the other two.

Five years, mark your calendars, you heard it here first.

Within 5 years "Darwin" will be done working. I hope for the USA :)
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,403 Senior Member
    How so?

Stupid people can defeat all safeties.......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Got mine (original 5" no dash, no safety) as a gift from a very good friend. Looks like in time 610s might even catch up to the pythons!!!

The grips/stocks sure have.....LOL
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Stupid people can defeat all safeties.......

:that:

You can hang 45 safeties off the top, both sides, on the grip, off the end of the barrel, at the top of the grip on either side and internally on the trigger, the magazine and striker then add a flashing neon sign on the rear sight...and some idiot will still manage to 'accidentally' shoot himself or somebody else with it. Why? Because idiots are truly motivated and extremely dedicated.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin