Home Main Category Hunting

hiladelphia Eagles player is big time hunter and fisherman

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 8,148 Senior Member
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d8226e4e9/NFL-Films-Presents-Gone-Fishin

It's no secret to Eagles fans like myself, but some of you may not realize that Pro Bowl defensive end Trent Cole is a HUGE outdoorsman. Even his sack celebration represents "all outdoorsman." Watch the video above. I think it's a pretty cool contrast considering the thug repuation a lot of the NFL players have.
Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Replies

• UndaCovaBrotherUndaCovaBrother Member Posts: 76 Member
    It's good to know that he's into the outdoors and can be looked upon as a role model for young kids out there! Hats off to Mr. Cole! :beer:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,068 Senior Member
    Nice to see a "real" guy and not some prima donna thug
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    I love that he's not just an outdoorsman, he's an avid outdoorsman and how his teammates described his passion. Another cool element for me was that he grew up watching Ted Nugent.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,821 Senior Member
    He likes to hunt quarterbacks, too!! And he's good at it!!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d8226e4e9/NFL-Films-Presents-Gone-Fishin

It's no secret to Eagles fans like myself, but some of you may not realize that Pro Bowl defensive end Trent Cole is a HUGE outdoorsman. Even his sack celebration represents "all outdoorsman." Watch the video above. I think it's a pretty cool contrast considering the thug repuation a lot of the NFL players have.

Yeah and it's no secret that those pro football players that played in the South East Conference and the Big 12 are more times than not big time hunters. Or at least they hunt. Colt McCoy would play a college game and go home for a Sunday hunt. Look at Brett Farve. He's from Mississippi and he is well known for hunting and outdoor sports. Of course there's a lot of Midwest and Pacific west players that love to hunt. It's kind of in their blood. Football and Hunting go hand in hand.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    True, snake. When you get right down to it, a lotof the skill sets overlap: good vision (not necessarily sight), patience, and decisiveness to name a few).