Home Main Category Hunting

2014 Colorado Hunting Regs now available

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,227 Senior Member
I got my copy in the mail yesterday. And Buffy, there's no whining allowed because you can't understand them. :)

There are a few changes that caught my eye. There are limited (by draw) doe deer tags available this year. I don't recall there being any for quite some time. Also, for certain areas, all west of I25, over the counter whitetail only buck and either sex tags are available. I live in one of those areas, but most of the whitetails I see are near the Arkansas River on private land. I may have to start knocking on doors.

Also, like last year, either sex, over the counter elk licenses with caps are available for GMU 54 during the second rifle season. This is the same hunt that JB hunted to kill a nice 5x5 bull last year. Something you may wish to consider, and start getting in shape for.

If you want to check this out online, start at http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/Pages/Hunting.aspx.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,294 Senior Member
    Are you up to rough it in a condo?? MHS, Steve, JB? Might have to bring son #1 along.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Are you up to rough it in a condo?? MHS, Steve, JB? Might have to bring son #1 along.

Thinking about it, Scott. I plan to apply for deer and elk tags close to home, but don't think I have the preference points to draw out.

Stay tuned. :)
    Jerry

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,294 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Thinking about it, Scott. I plan to apply for deer and elk tags close to home, but don't think I have the preference points to draw out.

Stay tuned. :)

Should I be applying at this time?? If just for the points?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Should I be applying at this time?? If just for the points?

The application deadline is April 1, so you have some time. If you want to apply for points, just be sure you apply by that date.
    Jerry