There's no "Fishing" sub-forum so....

2»

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,257 Senior Member
    USUFB wrote: »
    For the love of cod, stop with the fish puns.

I trout you can make them stop without causing a bit of a roe. They are known to be somewhat bullheaded.

Sako
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,164 Senior Member
    Love fish, love to fish. Flounder is a favorite fish (sole) but I like halibut better. When I lived in NC, we'd go to the coast in some fishing village and have a flounder plate, which was stacked with calabash style flounder. Fries, cole slaw on the side.

Grouper is my favorite. I like the consistency of the fish as well as the taste. Yum! I've never had caviche, the fish cooked in lime juice (if that's the proper spelling) but would like to try it.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    cpj wrote: »
    Who are you to talk? And just who put you up on that perch?

Holy mackerel, don't be such a crab. we are all just prawns in this game trying to flex our mussels. I'll leave it at that while you mullet over.

Sako
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Grouper is my favorite. I like the consistency of the fish as well as the taste. Yum! I've never had caviche, the fish cooked in lime juice (if that's the proper spelling) but would like to try it.

Careful, Gene. If you grouper and her boyfriend catches you, you'll be in big trouble.

So many puns. This place is going to shad.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,687 Senior Member
    Mui bien, amigo !
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,718 Senior Member
    After reading all the terrible puns, all I can say is " Bream me up Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here"

There is only one porpoise in this thread. ( Post # 31)

You guys seem to be having a whale of a time. Plaice don't stop. Its better than the Marlin v Winchester threads.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    A Marlin will spool a Winchester every time. A Marlin will make long runs, and the low quality drag on a Winchester burns out on the first run most of the time.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

tennmike wrote: »
    A Marlin will spool a Winchester every time. A Marlin will make long runs, and the low quality drag on a Winchester burns out on the first run most of the time.

This is just a Koi way to skate your preference for marlin.

Sako
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    You guys are such a rey of sunshine. I think I'll skate on over to get an oyster.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    Maybe we should scale this thread back.

Probably should these suckers are pretty koi with their responses.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    Maybe we should scale this thread back.

The eel you say, why the hake would you want to scale this back. Is it getting to ruffe for you? cobia good boy and get creative. Are you herring me?

Sako
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    Yeah, and the puns are getting old. Think I'll go watch some Internet prawn.

When you haven't gotten some wrasse in a while, well, you do what you have to do.

Betta make sure your wife doesn't catch you. You'll catch all kind of carp.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
    Oh blow it out your bass.

Walleye don't know what to say about that, cut me right to my sole you did.
    Sako
    That one smelt pretty bad.

Smelt pretty crappie too. Think I'll go find a shad tree so I don't see spots from the sun fish.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    Very Nice.
    Here are some "filets" my Son and I brought back last Saturday from the Power Plant. We had a great day, caught over 65 fish on the day. Not bad for a Feb. day in KS. All on rattletraps at that!

wolf.jpg
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Holy mackerel, this thread has sunken to new depths. I cuda sworn it was G&A, but these posts are skating on thin ice. I've seen snapper comments on huffpo.

Y'all can kiss my bass on this one...bunch of big mouths.

I'll be pickerel'n around tomorrow to the tuna Jimmy Buffet's "fins"

Matt

PS, yeah, long day.
    Support your local Scouts!
    Nice, you caught the cats on rattletraps?

Sako
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    Yep, we caught 12 largemouth on jig and every other fish on the day, mostly whites and wipers, a few more blacks and couple smallies and those "eaters" all on red eye shad. Had one more really nice Walleye, 20" - but the lake limit is 21" - dang it! We had a little competition on the day, my Son beat me 36 to 30. LOL

Heres a couple more from the day.

blacko-1.jpg

wiper-1.jpg
2»