Home Main Category Personal Defense

RIP--Has anyone shot this ammo?

13»

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    OK, NN get some and whack some water jugs and report back to us. :guns::guns:

Hey it just might work, who knows. However, as mentioned, the name RIP would surely fall into a scum-sucking lawyers hands in a wrongful death lawsuit, no matter how "Good" the shoot was.

It does look cool/wicked :yikes: don't it? Reminds me of some .45 ACP I saw that was called "Grippers" or something for shootin bowling pins in matches that would grab/bite the slick porcelain better.

Bowling pins, at least the ones I used to shoot, were made of wood encased in some really tough resilient white plastic, I never saw any penetrated by the spikey lead rounds touted for bowling pin shooting, back in the day......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    Not in my opinion.

On a human being, the temporary wound cavity is going to be barely under the surface, probably not enough to get through ribs/thick muscle/thick fat, and the base of the bullet is probably going to be WAY too light (the whole projectile weights 96gr.) to get through the various obstacles it needs to, ta get to the warm nougatty center.

I have never used any ultra light projectiles, even in tests, just ordinary weights in .45 acp and 9mm, .38 special, and .357 magnum...

I have seen enough cheap crappy ammo drop douchebags DRT though, NYCEMS now FDNY, NYSPD etc....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996