Popcorn

2»

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Chewy popcorn that is popped in oil is OLD popcorn. Get some fresh stuff.

Yeah.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    My wife is the popcorn addict. I'll eat it if she makes it. Never get the jones enough to actually make myself. She uses a Whirlypop with clarified butter (burnable milk solids separated out) for oil. Her recent kick has been adobo seasoning. I've always been partial to butter and Parmesan.

I would use adobo, but can't stand MSG......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Brand new from the store. Of course, with the popularity of nukerwave popcorn, the stuff I bought could have say on the shelf for ever.

You like to dabble with the gardening; plant a few rows of popcorn this year. Used to put in a few rows way back when. Nothing like fresh popcorn dried on the cob.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.