Home Main Category General Firearms

Which .22LR Revolver?

13»

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    After a yak last nite, she'd really prefer a DA, but she's not totally opposed to a SA. As long as its a revolver!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    After posting about my Diamondback & Taurus, I started thinking about my other 22 revolvers and which one I've carried most often over the years.
    Although I've got a couple of Single-Six Rugers that I didn't show, this little number has been carried by me, more often than all the other 22 caliber
    revolvers that I own. I'm surprised nobody else has even mentioned this revolver. I love this little 3" barreled Charter Arms Pathfinder.
    It's a 6 shot revolver and mine has a "Charter Arms" holster that came with it when I got it.

Notice the price tag on the box of CCI Stingers! They are old.

359d9b28-bcb9-4c26-a5f0-42abb2eb7411.jpg
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • RiflemannRiflemann Member Posts: 269 Member
    I am looking to pickup a 4" S&W 617 10-shot revolver this summer.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    That Charter Arms .22 is a handsome lookin little .22!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    After a yak last nite,

Were you eating the yak, cleaning up after it or loading it for a trip up Mount Everest?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,666 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Were you eating the yak, cleaning up after it or loading it for a trip up Mount Everest?

original.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    That Charter Arms .22 is a handsome lookin little .22!

I'll say Chief, that is a nice little .22. Charter Arms guns shoot pretty good, and are relatively inexpensive. Under $450??
    I passed on a Colt Diamond back in the 80s Mrs Chief said have pretty bluing at a store in Lawton OK for a few bucks more than other .22s and passed at a K-mart (I think) in 87 to get a New Frontier Colt SA .22 fer $80-90 bucks because I was fixing to fly back to Germany and my pistol case was full enough already was my thunking ...... :bang::bang:

LMLarsen wrote: »
    Yeah, Diamondbacks are getting as crazy as Pythons these days. I got one of the newer Ruger SP101s last year and it's been a lot of fun, for around $500.

P1000187_zps3ee20fbc.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    I bought one with a 6" bbl at a going outta business sale at a Rod N Gun in Germany in 94/95 for $100 bucks NIB, but it kept coming loose and then binding up on me at the range and I sold it. I guess it was an easy enough fix to have put some loc-tite on the cylinder rod threads. I dunno, it felt good in the hand and looked just like a S&W.

Having tried and sold both a .22 magnum and model 85 chunky .38 by Taurus, I guess I was already fairly disgusted with their products by that time.

I did keep and still have my S&W model 629 classic I got fer $200 at the same sale :guns::guns: My next grab was a Colt 1911 or Commander (???) in 9mm for $175 I believe , but the fly-boy in line ahead of me grabbed it. It was at a closing down AFB.

Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Actually years ago I bought a blue 4" Taurus 94 and I loved that little gun. Never failed me and it was a great little camp gun. Foolishly sold it when I thought my Singe Six was all the .22 revolver I needed. I just saw an older 94 listed locally for $300 and was REALLY close to buying it but then I found my latest S&W and it stopped that train of thought.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Yeah, I know. Just like I never got that Python; I figured hell, it's Colt, they'll always be there.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Yeah, I know. Just like I never got that Python; I figured hell, it's Colt, they'll always be there.

The guns I traded and sold or just didn't buy at the time when I could've just will make a grown man :tissue::tissue::tissue::tissue:

However, I'm thankful/grateful for the ones I do own now and if the good Lords :angel2: a willin and the Creek Injins don't rise I'll be around for awhile longer to enjoy them.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Chief, you're one of the very few I know who understand what "Lord willing and the Creek don't rise" actually means!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Chief, you're one of the very few I know who understand what "Lord willing and the Creek don't rise" actually means!

Can I get credit if I used to know, but forgot? :silly:
  • Ranch13Ranch13 Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member

Well being that we don't know each other I guess you aren't completely wrong in your assessment of that old sayin..:beer:
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Budget Choice - Charter Arms Pathfinder or Pathfinder Target
    Sky's The Limit Choice - Ruger SP 101.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    What would be the feeling between a Ruger SP101 and a S&W 617?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    You will probably pay about $200 or more for the Smith. The Rugers are built like a tank and should last years (I have a SP101 in .357) for a shooter I would probably save the extra cash and go with the Ruger, and I am a Smith and Wesson lover.
    Also talking about the old saying "If the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise" is a term I heard often growing up by my Dad, brought back some memories!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,666 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    What would be the feeling between a Ruger SP101 and a S&W 617?

I have only shot two Rugers, and IIRC 6 S&W's........ I think Smiths have a MUCH better trigger.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Sky's The Limit Choice - Ruger SP 101.

if the sky is the limit......

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    KENFU1911 wrote: »
    if the sky is the limit......

or

003_zps2f65e4de.jpg
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,208 Senior Member
    If you are serious about "skys the limit", rub Weatherby's belly and let him bird dog for you, he will spend your money, unless his kids need it more:popcorn:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I like the Charter Arms .22 LR revolver in .44 special...... :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996