Which one??

13»

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Airedale wrote: »
    I agree that practice is important on the range.
    But we're talking about "get off me accuracy". Your words.
    Point blank, self defense actions.
    It's a whole lot more difficult to hit an intruder with a weapon firing a single projectile than a cartridge firing multiple ones.
    A blunderbus is more effective at short range than a Kentucky rifle.
    Get the picture??
    horselips wrote: »
    Look at my words again- "any range BEYOND "get off me"..." Then again, "any distance BEYOND point-blank..."

I agree with you completely that at indoor or premises distances, a shotgun is my preferred firearm in a deadly encounter with a home invader, which is why I have one pimped out and set up expressly for that contingency.
    Mine is loaded with 9 rounds of #4 Buckshot or BB shot, whichever is on sale. I like a LOT of pellets, and I also like them large enough to successfully influence the attitude of the target. In the side saddle shell holder I keep 3 flashbang rounds and 3 slugs - just in case a wayward triceratops wanders into my yard, corners my dachshund-Chihuahua, and starts nibbling my Topsy Turvy tomato plants.

It seems that you did NOT read his post,
    I'm trying to restrain myself.
    You obviously don't have a high regard for the Taurus.
    Either do I.
    I'm also not a big fan of shotguns for home defense. Takes too long to get them from out from under the bed.
    Home defense situations are entirely different from controlled firing on a range.
    In the case of home invasion, speed is paramount.
    You may only have time to fire one or two shots.
    If you or your wife can hit an intruder with multiple projectiles from your defense weapon of choice, that becomes an advantage over the single projectile.

He is NOT a fan of shotguns, so he advocates a junker revolver in a piss poor the .410 cartridge ???? caliber, and puts down a perfectly good concealment location, and then confesses his main arm is a 1911 under a pillow.... :roll:
    A Colt Commander that lives under my pillow.
    I didn't have to buy a special bed and my wife doesn't have to worry about getting bonked on the head.
    Well rehearsed, and you are one handsome dude.
    :silly:

What a mess of contradictions, a true EXPERT !!!!

I think there are far greater concerns here other than perhaps getting bonked on the head.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,244 Senior Member
    I am thinking that HE is the one that got bonked on the head. I am just amazed to find him back here again after we were all such un-civilized dolts last year, that he said he was leaving and not coming back. I do not care that he came back, it is the hit and run posting of drivel and not being willing to debate his position that is tiresome. Practice what you preach Aerdale, trade in that commander on a judge. It was good enough for everyone else, why don't you use it?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    I am thinking that HE is the one that got bonked on the head. I am just amazed to find him back here again after we were all such un-civilized dolts last year, that he said he was leaving and not coming back. I do not care that he came back, it is the hit and run posting of drivel and not being willing to debate his position that is tiresome. Practice what you preach Aerdale, trade in that commander on a judge. It was good enough for everyone else, why don't you use it?
    And this surprises you... how?
    Overkill is underrated.
    And this surprises you... how?

No surprise, just tired of the troll. I would hate for someone out there in lurker-land to read his post and think that the .410 is a viable self-defense option. I realize that we are battling the best marketing job ever, still have to try.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    Agreed.

Just glad he's not saying plated shot penetrates deeper because it's heavier.

Or at least he's not said that yet...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    Agreed.

Just glad he's not saying plated shot penetrates deeper because it's heavier.

Doesn't it, the plating stops barrel leading so there is more bullet on tgt. :uhm:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Years ago, 1989, My uncle purchased a .410 shotgun, and I wondered why ????:uhm:??????? I did not get it then, I do not get it now, I never did see a hole I needed a .410 anything to fill, except if I were to kill pesty pidgeons.....

He did put it to good use at least one time that I am aware of, a man was on the fire escape trying to pry open his window with a wonder bar, he stuck the barrel out the open top half and pulled the trigger.

******* BLAMMMM !!********

I am sure the guy beshat himself copiously. :rotflmao:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    NN wrote: »
    Doesn't it, the plating stops barrel leading so there is more bullet on tgt. :uhm:

Welcome aboard !
    I thought it was copper washed? What is copper washed anyway? Is the shot processed by being washed by a police officer? I would just like an explanation.
    A .410 has it's place, was a time I wanted an 11-48 in .410.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    I thought it was copper washed? What is copper washed anyway? Is the shot processed by being washed by a police officer? I would just like an explanation.
    Only if the hunt is for James Cagney

Agreed, I would love to find one for small game and for the girls to use. Just not for home defense.

We all have moments of weakness, repent and be made clean.

IIRC copper washed is a very thin plating.
    "Agreed, I would love to find one for small game and for the girls to use. Just not for home defense."

Meh, I think Bigslug or someone pointed out that 12 gauge can be configured so many ways to negate any use for the .410, the smallest I care to go is 20 gauge, Even the children can manage a 20 gauge
13»