Bureaucratic stupidity!

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,407 Senior Member
When a donation of "organically-grown" meat is rejected by a food bank, how stupid is that? The geese from this cull were probably less likely to contain harmful chemicals than an equivalent amount of hormone-laced commercially-farmed chickens!

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/07/food_bank_turns_down_meat_from.html

Idiots!
jerry
Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,095 Senior Member
    That is pretty stupid. Those geese would be healthier to eat than some of the 'gov't commodities' crap the federal government foists off on the people. And speaking of chickens, those commercially raised ones also are loaded with antibiotics and growth hormones. Growing a chick from a fluffball to a fryer in 4-6 weeks isn't possible without all those antibiotics and growth hormones. And those growth hormones in the meat do affect the children that eat them.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,736 Senior Member
    Yeah, pretty stupid. Sounds like a poor excuse, but I'm not sure why. Maybe they've got too many PETA folks who work there and disprove of them killing off the geese in the first place?
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    Seems like it wouldn't cost much to have the meat tested if there is concern. They can send a couple to me and I'll taste test them.