Texas woman w. CHL drives off robber, protects visitor

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Here's a story that you'll likely never see on the drive-by network news:

A Dallas woman with her CHL witnessed a guy trying to rob another woman who was visiting from SanFran. The CHL gal drew down on the thug and he ran off, later to be apprehended.

Yet another CHL success! (And something you'll also never see happen in California) Here's the link

http://www.khou.com/news/Chance-encounter-with-CHL-holder-saves-Frisco-woman-from-robber-252223271.html

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Replies

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,085 Senior Member
    Nope, won't happen here. Interesting that it sounds like she does not carry all the time but only when she feels she needs to. Good thing she listened to that little voice in her head telling her to carry that night. Maybe she will carry ALL the time now. Good story, good outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Odd thing, that little voice. Happened to me a few years ago, wasn't always carrying, decided to do this, and ended up preventing an assault or rape of a total stranger. Same as this story, the guy ran away (and I didn't fire) and was later caught by police. Weird how that happens, that voice.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    Nope, won't happen here. Interesting that it sounds like she does not carry all the time but only when she feels she needs to. Good thing she listened to that little voice in her head telling her to carry that night. Maybe she will carry ALL the time now. Good story, good outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it happened in California or in New York or Massachusetts for that matter, they'd arrest the woman with the CHL because she violated the potential robber's rights.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    If it happened in California or in New York or Massachusetts for that matter, they'd arrest the woman with the CHL because she violated the potential robber's rights.

Ha! Don'tcha know it!

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    Nope, won't happen here.

Why? Depending where you live CC is legal out here.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    Because it is Texas Buford. There is Texas and the rest of the world. Don't you know that?
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,552 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Because it is Texas Buford. There is Texas and the rest of the world. Don't you know that?
    If you don't, ask a Texan and he will tell you and tell you and tell you. They invented speech there to that won't happen anywhere else.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,019 Senior Member
    You can ALWAYS tell a Texan, you just can' tell 'em much :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,782 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    You can ALWAYS tell a Texan, you just can' tell 'em much :tooth:

:up:
    Jermanator wrote: »

Well, finally someone states the issue clearly! Y'all c'mon down, plenty of room, jobs, low taxes, and conservatives in the majority. Just be careful to swing wide of Shelia Jackson Lee and you'll be safe.

Just be careful to swing wide of Shelia Jackson Lee and you'll be safe.

It is Utopia don't cha know......Be just has safe as this guy

http://www.vice.com/read/an-aggressive-police-raid-in-texas-led-to-dead-deputy
    If you don't, ask a Texan and he will tell you and tell you and tell you. They invented speech there to that won't happen anywhere else.

Ahh such petty jealousy! Hey guys, I don't knock any state, I only knock those liberal Commie Politicians that give you a bad name. We have our liberals too, but so far we have managed to keep them in the minority. But we're not the only state that has. There are others and many of you reside in such places.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Buford wrote: »
    Why? Depending where you live CC is legal out here.

Er, sure thing. I'll just CC my Springfield XD w. the 13 round magazine, right? And the "depending on where you live"? So you're saying that Calis have to pick and choose where they can live to exercise their 2A rights? Sorry, I loved my time in the Bay Area and SanFran, but that was before things got goofy. I'll stick w. my lowly Texas CHL for now.

And tell me about this microstamping law, okay?

I used to have a bumper sticker "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could" which pretty well describes it.

I know there are plenty of other states that are gun friendly (Tennessee, most other Southern states, etc) but the combination of pro-2A laws, pro-2A legal system (not prosecuting self defense shootings), warm weather, low taxes, and generally conservative-leaning government make Texas a terrific place to live.

And the huge variety of locales, urban, suburban, rural, absolute country, etc, means that you can essentially pick and choose. And oh yeah, plenty of well paying jobs.

What's not to like?

What's not to like?

Prickly things, proximity to Mexico paying to hunt
    Weatherby wrote: »
    What's not to like?

I'll agree on that. When I lived in El Paso (Hell Pizzo) for 3 awful years, and I'd be walking along, minding my own biz, people would come up to me on the street all the time, asking in Spanish for handouts.

I'd answer them back in German, and for some strange reason, they'd be offended. Haw.

Prickly I don't get. Paying to hunt? Well, true. But the places where it's free to hunt are few these days.

snake284 wrote: »
    Ahh such petty jealousy! Hey guys, I don't knock any state, I only knock those liberal Commie Politicians that give you a bad name. We have our liberals too, but so far we have managed to keep them in the minority. But we're not the only state that has. There are others and many of you reside in such places.
    Not at all jealousy, and not knocking the state. I was just filled with admiration at the blatant refusal to recognize that other states do much the same, many for longer and better, and the mental gymnastics to claim "Only in Texas." with a straight face so often in such a short period of time.

FYI, you seem to make your liberals bigger, dumber, and louder than most states to. SJL is something that is "Only in Texas" for real.
    Weatherby wrote: »
    What's not to like?

I'll agree on that. When I lived in El Paso (Hell Pizzo) for 3 awful years, and I'd be walking along, minding my own biz, people would come up to me on the street all the time, asking in Spanish for handouts.

I'd answer them back in German, and for some strange reason, they'd be offended. Haw.

Prickly I don't get. Paying to hunt? Well, true. But the places where it's free to hunt are few these days.

samzhere wrote: »
    What's not to like?
    Never said I didnt like it. Its the hyperbole filled commercial re-runs that get a bit thin. Matbe its the water there.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,775 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »

Prickly I don't get.

Out in the boonies, if it doesn't have thorns, it gets eaten by deer. Or cows...

or goats.

BTW, weatherby- don't forget that almost every animal or insect can sting, bite, hurt or kill you. You should see what an enraged armadillo can do to a fullgrown human.

Every species of poisonous snake in the US can be found in Texas.

Seriously, stay away. If you do come down for a visit, make sure to take a Californian with you when you leave.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Not at all jealousy, and not knocking the state. I was just filled with admiration at the blatant refusal to recognize that other states do much the same, many for longer and better, and the mental gymnastics to claim "Only in Texas." with a straight face so often in such a short period of time.

FYI, you seem to make your liberals bigger, dumber, and louder than most states to. SJL is something that is "Only in Texas" for real.

This is what I said that sparked your rant on my state and me:

"If it happened in California or in New York or Massachusetts for that matter, they'd arrest the woman with the CHL because she violated the potential robber's rights."

No where in there did I say anything remotely resembling "Only in Texas!"

Then in my answer to that I said: "Ahh such petty jealousy! Hey guys, I don't knock any state, I only knock those liberal Commie Politicians that give you a bad name. We have our liberals too, but so far we have managed to keep them in the minority. But we're not the only state that has. There are others and many of you reside in such places."

This is why you come across as being jealous. It's pretty common knowledge on here that those three states are eaten up with liberalism. They have strict, unconstitutional gun laws, and even the folks living in those states complain about it. But if I say something then I get the third degree!
    If you want to know what my favorite state politically, it's Oklahoma. I have seen fewer libtards there than any other state, Bar None! And they don't apologize for it. If I was going to move to another State in this day and time, it would be Oklahoma.
    I did not rant on you or your state.

If you have been reading the MB, you would have have to have noticed that there were a lot of SD posts that stated "Only in Texas" TX this, TX that. You are quite correct that other states have such laws, however reading the board you would have a hard time believing from the topics that Texas didnt invent gunpowder.

It was a little poke at the author of the many posts, you chose to make it bigger. In case you didnt notice, there were at least 2 others making the same point, with a little humor. One of the things about humor is normally there is a little truth to it which makes it funny. I have known a few Texans and there IS A LOT of truth to my statement, and it is funny, at least to those who know a Texan or two.

I am jealous of your taxes and your protection of private property laws, your CCW is way to expensive and restrictive and you have to pay to hunt.